Preparing your trip to La Romana: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The ideal time to visit the resort is between December and May. This period is characterized by the most favorable weather and the largest number of sunny days.
2. There is no international airport at the resort or in its vicinity. From other countries, the easiest way to get here is through Punta Cana International Airport that regularly receives flights from many countries and connects them to La Romana.
3. Besides traditional hotels, individual bungalows for rent are quite common in the resort. This accommodation option will be optimal for large groups and those who go on vacation with the whole family.
4. March and April are considered the hottest months of the year. The weather is optimal for a beach recreation but this period is not the best for active entertainment.
6. In the resort and in its vicinity, US dollar and euro are considered equal. It is really unprofitable to pay in euros here, tourists are recommended to change money into dollars before the trip.
7. At the resort, it is customary to leave tips in all local restaurants and bars. The optimal amount of the tip is about 10% of the bill.
Local people are very friendly and sociable, always treating tourists with respect and interest. They are all accustomed to a measured and unhurried pace of life so one should not be … Open
9. Be sure to exchange currency in banks or specialized exchange offices. Airports and hotels offer less favorable exchange rates.
10. Drinking tap water should be avoided in La Romana. Bottled water is sold everywhere, and some hotels provide it to guests free of charge.
11. Tourists are not recommended to walk in deserted remote areas late at night. Your hotel is the safest place to be at this time of day.
12. Absolutely all tourists regardless of their holiday preferences should take mosquito repellents with them on a trip. There are often no mosquito nets on the windows even in high-class hotels.
13. In crowded places, one needs to be especially careful about personal belongings. Thieves often do their job in markets, beaches, and other public gathering places.
14. The most common language in the resort is Spanish. Even in large hotels, the staff may not speak English, so it wouldn't be superfluous to take along a Spanish phrase book.
15. Don't forget about bargaining when visiting private shops and markets. Tourists are often offered the price several times higher than the real one.
Preparing your trip to La Romana: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in La Romana - unique sights
Las Cascada WaterparkFrom the series “The Greatest and Fanciest Water Parks”
Check on the map: Distance from La Romana center - 191.9 km.Opening of the water park has been held in 1985. A few years ago, it was completely renovated. After the upgrade, new and modern rides appeared. A beautiful tropical garden surrounding the water park remained unchanged. Bomb and Fast Descent slides are perfect for fans of dizzying rides. One of the fastest rides is The Water Tunnel. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in La Romana and surroundings
Dominican Republic: travelling advices2. The tropical country's relaxed rhythm implies that everything here takes place half an hour or even an hour later than planned, so you need to be patient.
3. Don't move away from Dominicans who approach you close during the conversation. This country has its own ideas about personal space, and this "maneuver" may be regarded as rudeness and unwillingness to communicate.
4. Arriving in the Dominican Republic, be sure to exchange some US dollars for Dominican pesos at ATM. Many restaurants and hotels accept American dollars, but this may be unprofitable.
5. It's very important to avoid drinking tap water and water in restaurants. Do not buy coconut water on the street. You can only drink bottled mineral water bought in a food shop. Use it to rinse the mouth after brushing your teeth. In restaurants and cafes, ask waiters if they purify water used for drinks. Bacteria in the water are safe for most Dominicans but can cause indigestion in tourists. … Open
Photos of La Romana
Travelling to La Romana - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in La Romana. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.