Preparing your trip to Oranjestad: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Literally all year round, the resort has sunny and hot weather, air temperature rarely drops below +29 °C. The height of the tourist season is from April to September. Going on vacation within this period, take care of booking a hotel room in advance.
2. The most optimal type of public transport is the bus, which is available from 6:00 am until late in the evening. The fare is about 1.3 USD, buses run at intervals of no more than 30 minutes.
3. Travelers who plan to travel outside the city and visit remote areas of the island should consider renting a car or taking a taxi. Although taxis offer fixed rates, the price you pay for the trip should still be specified in advance, since additional passengers may be charged separately.
4. All the resort's beaches are public and free of charge. You pay only for sports and beach equipment you rent.
6. The standard electricity voltage is 110V, most hotels have American-style sockets. Before going on a trip, check the electrical appliances you take with you for compatibility and stock up with the necessary adapters.
7. In most restaurants, service charges are included in the total bill. Otherwise, add 10-15% to the amount on your own, and in small budget restaurants and cafes, just round up the amount up to any convenient number.
Your active city break in Oranjestad. Attractions, recreation and entertainment - best places to spend your day and night here
Oranjestad enjoys great popularity among fans of ecotourism. The city and its environs accommodate many interesting natural attractions. A trip to the local Butterfly Farm would bring a lot … Open
9. Even though the weather is hot in the city, beach outfits will only be appropriate on the beach. For city walks, give preference to casual clothes, and in case of visiting elite restaurants, casinos, and nightclubs, outfits should be selected very carefully.
Preparing your trip to Oranjestad: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Oranjestad - unique sights
WillemstadFrom the series “The Most Magical and Picturesque Cities in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Oranjestad center - 127.5 km.The historical district is very picturesque and interesting. In every splendid historical building, interesting facilities have been opened to tourists. Here you can discover excellent souvenir shops, restaurants with a great national menu, museums with incredible collections of historical and artistic artifacts. The port of Willemstad is also a major tourist attraction. The floating market, which has been assembled from pontoons and barges. The market is popular not only among curious tourists, but also among gourmets, because it is always possible to buy fresh seafood here. … Read further
Santa Ana de Coro TownFrom the series “Famous Unesco Sites in South America”
Check on the map: Distance from Oranjestad center - 129.9 km.Since the founding, one of the main port town issues were pirates who often plundered the place and burned it to the ground. Despite this, the town has been rebuilt each time. Today, it is possible to see a lot of beautiful historic buildings of 18th-19th centuries, which miraculously managed to survive. The port area, where old buildings were preserved, is of particular interest. The main attraction of the town is Zamora Street. That's the most beautiful colonial street of Venezuela, where luxurious mansions have been preserved. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Oranjestad and surroundings
Aruba: travelling advices8. Tipping in hotels and restaurants is usually 10% or 15%, and they are included in the bill automatically. It is not accepted to leave tips for taxi driver. Nonetheless, additional payments are accepted by them only for luggage.
9. In general, the Island has a fairly low crime rate. However, tourists often have their personal belongings stolen. In places with large crowds of people, airports and public institutions, you can meet many pickpockets. It is therefore better not to carry large sums of money, documents and things of value with you to such places. You can quietly leave them in safes in hotels, without fear for their safety. It is not necessary to take out your purse in front of everybody in crowded places or leave it or other personal belongings at a station in the front seat of a car.
10. All public beaches on Aruba are considered municipal, and therefore entrance is absolutely free of charge for everyone. Beaches usually charge for rental of any beach or sports equipment. Many hotels have their own beaches, accessible only to their guests.
11. You can swim at the beaches of Aruba without fear. There are no sharks and other marine predators in the coastal waters. They all live in the reef surrounding the Island. Swimming is still better on specially equipped beaches and places, as there are very strong undercurrents in the high seas. On the Island itself, there are a several dangerous insects. There is also one species of rattlesnake that lives here. However if you do not touch them, then these animals will pose no risk to the tourists. … Open
Photos of Oranjestad
Travelling to Oranjestad - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Oranjestad. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.