Preparing your trip to Bonaire: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Besides standard guesthouses and hotels, there are quite unusual hospitality venues, cabañas, on the island. This is something between a budget hotel and a water sports center where travelers can stay for a night and rent everything necessary at a moderate price.
2. On the island, there is a worthy choice of hotels in different price categories. Most of the fashionable hotels are located in beautiful colonial mansions at the coast. Many thrifty tourists and those who travel in a big company prefer renting a private villa or cottage.
3. Those travelers who like bringing shells and mother-of-pearl items should note that the “export” of such gifts is possible only if you have the corresponding documents. It is forbidden to export shells and corals from the sea bottom.
4. The rainy season starts from the middle of September and lasts until the beginning of February. It should be also noted that it usually rains at night and the weather is warm and sunny in the afternoon. Actually, temperature fluctuations are minor during the year, so you can vacation here at any time of the year.
6. Fans of beach recreation preferring to sunbathe without swimsuits should remember that such behavior is forbidden at the Bonaire coast. Many tourists prefer paying no attention to the rules but do not behave like they do.
7. Fans of windsurfing are better to travel here from the second half of December to August. At this time, the weather on the island is windy and perfect for sports entertainments. The universal recreation place for sportsmen is the Lac Lagoon. The wind here is always excellent for this.
Bonaire will delight fans of peaceful recreation with a worthy choice of attractive hospitality venues. Fans of upscale beach recreation will be certainly impressed by the hotel Bellafonte … Open
Preparing your trip to Bonaire: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
City tours, excursions and tickets in Bonaire and surroundings
Netherlands Antilles: travelling advices3. Police on the islands is characterized by professionalism. Employees wear a blue uniform. They are always ready to help tourists, so you can safely address them on any issue.
4. The official currency of the Antilles since 2011 is the US dollar. However, the Netherlands Antillean guilder, which was the official currency before, is used in Curacao and St. Maarten.
5. It is very profitable to make purchases. Equipment, jewelry, and household items are not taxed and levied. Shops work intermittently, so do not be surprised if you find the third break in a day. Large shopping centers, as a rule, work only in the evenings.
6. Hotels and large restaurants include tips in the account automatically. This is 10-15% of the total amount. In ordinary cafes, a tip is at the discretion of the client. The same percentage will be accepted favorably. The tip is not accepted in a taxi, except for the help with a luggage. … Open
Photos of Bonaire
Travelling to Bonaire - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Bonaire. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.