Preparing your trip to Santo Domingo: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Tourists arriving at the Las Americas airport may opt for taxi booking service. A taxi car can be ordered in advance prior to the flight. A cost of a service will be about 35USD. A trip from the airport to the city center will take about 30 minutes by car.
2. One can plan a visit to the tourist destination at any season of the year as the city of Santo Domingo features a favorable warm and sunny weather all the year round. An average daytime temperature is about 30C and the current climate is perfectly advantaging beach recreation being much liked by the beach leisure fans.
3. Public transport in Santo Domingo is presented with a branched network of buses and fixed route taxi buses. The city also has an underground line. A cost of a trip by a bus or a taxi bus is the lowest and is about 0.5USD. However choosing a right route among the variety of existing lines crossing the city is rather challenging.
4. A perfect alternative to public transport will be a taxi offering rather affordable rates. The taxi service is the most profitable way to cruise the city for tourists traveling with large company.
6. The most profitable rates for intercity and international calls are offered by cell communication. It should be noted that a SIM card of a mobile carrier can not be bought by foreign tourists as a local registration is needed for connecting to any of the existing mobile networks. One can make intercity and international calls right from a hotel however in this case the rates will not be profitable.
7. To rent a car foreign guests will need a credit card and international driving license. The service is rendered to customers above 25 years old. A rental cost of a car will totally depend on the car brand and will not be less than 60USD per a day of rent.
Modern culinary traditions of Santo Domingo present a unique fusion of African and European cuisines’ trends and cooking technologies. Local restaurants offer as traditional European … Open
9. The resort sun can be really harmful for tourists. In the heat of the day tourists should avoid beach recreation and on foot city cruising. The best time for excursions is early hours in the morning. Many cultural establishments are open late in the evening as well.
Preparing your trip to Santo Domingo: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
City tours, excursions and tickets in Santo Domingo and surroundings
Dominican Republic: travelling advices6. In the Dominican Republic, it is common to share food. Eating in front of the interlocutor is considered bad manners.
7. It is very dangerous to go out alone to a dark, deserted street. In the evenings, you should avoid wearing jewelry and designer clothes attracting too much attention.
8. Clothes and overall appearance are important for Dominicans, especially in Santiago and Santo Domingo. If a person wears beach shorts in the city, he will immediately be marked as a tourist. Shorts are only suitable for the beach. For evening walks, you need to dress properly. A stylish suit and good shoes are the best choice for visiting clubs and restaurants.
9. It's always better to mix with the crowd and avoid looking like a tourist. That's how you can greatly reduce the risk of being robbed. … Open
Photos of Santo Domingo
Travelling to Santo Domingo - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Santo Domingo. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.