Preparing your trip to Bangkok: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Local people are very intolerant to public expression of love, so do not even hold each other’s hands while walking in the city - this will cause confusion and contempt.
2. Bangkok, as well as any other Thai city, is a very religious place. That is why travelers should show great respect for local religious customs. Criticizing religion is strictly forbidden, as well as giving negative comments about the royal family.
3. Do not show your anger or speak in a raised voice in public places and on the streets of Bangkok. This will be considered a sign of bad taste and bad manners.
4. You should be more careful with your gestures as no careless touch or embrace are allowed.
6. We do not recommend going on a trip on summer as your holiday can be disrupted by long tropical rains.
7. Don’t forget to buy jewelry at local markets with great caution, because inexperienced travelers can easily get cheap imitations for very high price.
Bangkok is a city of amazing skyscrapers, giant shopping malls and exotic restaurants. Every traveller will find entertainment to fit his or her taste in Bangkok. Fans of exploring hidden or … Open
9. Products made of crocodile skin are one of the most popular souvenirs that travelers usually get as souvenirs. We suggest buying it in specialty stores, there’s a chance you will buy a fake in markets and open trade outlets.
Preparing your trip to Bangkok: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Bangkok - unique sights
Fried Grasshoppers in Bangkok RestaurantsFrom the series “The most disgusting dishes in the world”
Check on the map: Distance from Bangkok center - 0 km.For residents of Thailand, fried insects has long moved into the category of everyday and affordable food, while tourists still treat them as delicacies. It’s better to taste exotic treats at the markets where they are sold in large trays. Some sell very small fried grasshoppers, while others try to offer impressively large locusts. The latter, as experts assure, is much tastier than small ones. Grasshopper is eaten in a special way. It’s better to tear off tough head and tarsus. The popular Thai appetizer tastes a bit like roasted salted seeds. … Read further
Siam Ocean WorldFrom the series “The coolest and largest oceanariums in the world”
Check on the map: Distance from Bangkok center - 1 km.The most curious guests have an opportunity to visit the most hidden corners of the aquarium, where the general public is not allowed to come, as well as to watch educational films in 5D-cinema. Rare species of fish that float vertically, huge crabs, spiders, rare blue crabs, and unique representatives of marine flora are just a few of the amazing things that guests will be able to see the aquarium in Bangkok. Like many aquariums, this one is divided into numerous zones with different thematic tanks that makes a tour incredibly exciting. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Bangkok and surroundings
Photos of Bangkok
Travelling to Bangkok - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Bangkok. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.