Preparing your trip to Bangkok: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Local people are very intolerant to public expression of love, so do not even hold each other’s hands while walking in the city - this will cause confusion and contempt.
2. Bangkok, as well as any other Thai city, is a very religious place. That is why travelers should show great respect for local religious customs. Criticizing religion is strictly forbidden, as well as giving negative comments about the royal family.
3. Do not show your anger or speak in a raised voice in public places and on the streets of Bangkok. This will be considered a sign of bad taste and bad manners.
4. You should be more careful with your gestures as no careless touch or embrace are allowed.
6. We do not recommend going on a trip on summer as your holiday can be disrupted by long tropical rains.
7. Don’t forget to buy jewelry at local markets with great caution, because inexperienced travelers can easily get cheap imitations for very high price.
Many gourmets call Bangkok a true food paradise as the local cuisine is very versatile and unique. Attractive restaurants and cafes can be found literally everywhere in the city - next to … Open
9. Products made of crocodile skin are one of the most popular souvenirs that travelers usually get as souvenirs. We suggest buying it in specialty stores, there’s a chance you will buy a fake in markets and open trade outlets.
Preparing your trip to Bangkok: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Bangkok - unique sights
Fried Grasshoppers in Bangkok RestaurantsFrom the series “The Most Disgusting Dishes in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Bangkok center - 0.8 km.For residents of Thailand, fried insects has long moved into the category of everyday and affordable food, while tourists still treat them as delicacies. It’s better to taste exotic treats at the markets where they are sold in large trays. Some sell very small fried grasshoppers, while others try to offer impressively large locusts. The latter, as experts assure, is much tastier than small ones. Grasshopper is eaten in a special way. It’s better to tear off tough head and tarsus. The popular Thai appetizer tastes a bit like roasted salted seeds. … Read further
Black Ivory Coffee FarmFrom the series “Top 10 Extraordinary Farms”
Check on the map: Distance from Bangkok center - 0.9 km.Currently, a unique coffee is the most expensive in the world and has a very peculiar flavor and aroma. Coffee is absolutely devoid of bitterness because of the interaction of coffee beans with the stomach acid of the elephants. Coffee production is a fairly time-consuming process. To obtain one kilogram of the selected coffee 'Black Ivory', an elephant must eat about 33 kg of coffee beans. Many connoisseurs of elite coffee claim that Black Ivory has a peculiar fruit and herbal fragrance. Its aroma is also linked to the method of processing – apart from coffee beans on the farm animals eat various fruits and herbs. … Read further
KhlongFrom the series “Greatest Man-Made Waterways and Channels”
Check on the map: Distance from Bangkok center - 1.6 km.Narrow rivers passing through the territory of towns and beautiful natural areas have begun to attract the attention of tourists. So it was agreed to keep a part of canals. Today boat rides through the canals are a popular tourist activity. Pleasure craft and wood boats are found cruising through the Khlong Canals every day. In Thailand it is common to find colourful water markets along the way. Some of the canals are often used for holding sporting events. Experienced travellers say that the most picturesque canals are in the surroundings of Bangkok, so this city has gained the name "Venice of the East" not without a reason. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Bangkok and surroundings
Photos of Bangkok
Travelling to Bangkok - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Bangkok. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.