Preparing your trip to Bangkok: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Local people are very intolerant to public expression of love, so do not even hold each other’s hands while walking in the city - this will cause confusion and contempt.
2. Bangkok, as well as any other Thai city, is a very religious place. That is why travelers should show great respect for local religious customs. Criticizing religion is strictly forbidden, as well as giving negative comments about the royal family.
3. Do not show your anger or speak in a raised voice in public places and on the streets of Bangkok. This will be considered a sign of bad taste and bad manners.
4. You should be more careful with your gestures as no careless touch or embrace are allowed.
6. We do not recommend going on a trip on summer as your holiday can be disrupted by long tropical rains.
7. Don’t forget to buy jewelry at local markets with great caution, because inexperienced travelers can easily get cheap imitations for very high price.
Many gourmets call Bangkok a true food paradise as the local cuisine is very versatile and unique. Attractive restaurants and cafes can be found literally everywhere in the city - next to … Open
9. Products made of crocodile skin are one of the most popular souvenirs that travelers usually get as souvenirs. We suggest buying it in specialty stores, there’s a chance you will buy a fake in markets and open trade outlets.
Preparing your trip to Bangkok: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Bangkok - unique sights
Siam Ocean WorldFrom the series “The coolest and largest oceanariums in the world”
Check on the map: Distance from Bangkok center - 1.8 km.The most curious guests have an opportunity to visit the most hidden corners of the aquarium, where the general public is not allowed to come, as well as to watch educational films in 5D-cinema. Rare species of fish that float vertically, huge crabs, spiders, rare blue crabs, and unique representatives of marine flora are just a few of the amazing things that guests will be able to see the aquarium in Bangkok. Like many aquariums, this one is divided into numerous zones with different thematic tanks that makes a tour incredibly exciting. … Read further
Bang Na ExpresswayFrom the series “The longest bridges in the world”
Check on the map: Distance from Bangkok center - 18.9 km.The impressive sum, more than a billion US dollars was invested in the construction of this wonderful bridge. Traffic congestion has been one of Bangkok's main problems for several years. To solve this problem, Bang Na Magistrale was built. Although traffic on the bridge is chargeable, Bang Na remains very demanding for the drivers since opening. The variant on the bridge instead of the strenuous traffic jam, also attracts the numerous tourists. From the main road, the wonderful panoramas open onto the city. … Read further
Temple of Emerald BuddhaFrom the series “The most iconic temples in the world”
Check on the map: Distance from Bangkok center - 2.6 km.The beautiful temple is open to the people of any denominations that can see one of the most important Buddhist sanctuaries. The tourists should only observe one important rule - one should only enter into the temple in the reserved and long clothes. At the entrance to the temple the unprepared guests can borrow the long trousers. The history of the appearance of the unique statue is as peculiar as its harmonious shape. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Bangkok and surroundings
Photos of Bangkok
Travelling to Bangkok - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Bangkok. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.