Preparing your trip to Escaldes-Engordany: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1.You have to pay for goods and services in euro; currency can be exchanged at any bank. Foreign visitors should be aware that not at all the hotels have currency exchange, and often they offer not so favorable terms of conversion. Banks are open weekdays from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm; the two-hour lunch break is possible in the daytime.
2. The only form of public transport is bus. You can easily get to the Caldea center and other tourist facilities by bus. In the evening buses are fairly rare, so their schedule has to be specified in advance.
3. The church de Sant Michel d'Engolasters is admission-free, so budget travelers shouldn’t deny themselves a pleasure to visit the prominent religious object. Working hours of the temple vary depending on the season. Going on a trip be sure to specify the schedule.
4. Tourists who plan to visit little shops and restaurants on the outskirts of the resort are recommended to take US dollars too. Some small retailers and dining places also accept this type of currency; sometimes paying in dollars is more profitable than in euro.
6. At any time, visitors can take a taxi that is called by phone. At night, the fare for taxi services can be up to twice against the day. It’s worth noting is that taxi usually gets to ski stations for one hour or more.
7. Those who expect to rent a car need to have a standard set of documents including a passport and an international driver's license. The deposit is made in cash or with credit card.
Your active city break in Escaldes-Engordany. Attractions, recreation and entertainment - best places to spend your day and night here
Escaldes is one of the most popular health resorts and offers options for sport activities and active rest. Ski tours and downhill skiing are very popular in winter thanks to excellent ski … Open
Preparing your trip to Escaldes-Engordany: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Escaldes-Engordany - unique sights
Artigas GardensFrom the series “Top 16 Most Unusual and Original Parks and Gardens”
Check on the map: Distance from Escaldes-Engordany center - 45.6 km.Thus, apart from the usual arbors and benches, the Artigas Gardens have secluded artificial caves, where it will be nice to relax away from prying eyes. The luxury garden was a gift of the great architect to the Artigas family who gave him a shelter during stay in the town of Pobla de Lillet. Those who want to take a stroll through the picturesque park, should definitely take a pair of comfortable shoes, because all the tracks in the garden are paved with cobblestones. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Escaldes-Engordany and surroundings
Photos of Escaldes-Engordany
Travelling to Escaldes-Engordany - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Escaldes-Engordany. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.