Privacy and Cookie Statement
Privacy and Cookie Statement
OrangeSmile.com operates as an online service that provides users with recommendations for travel planning, including hotels, attractions, experiences, car rentals, flights, yachts, travel guides and more. In this Statement, these are collectively referred to as our Services.
When you access or use our Services, OrangeSmile.com collects information from and about you to provide a more personalized and relevant experience. Some information we collect automatically. Other information we collect from different sources, including affiliated entities, business partners, and other independent third-party sources. When you use our Services by clicking-through from a third-party site or when you visit third-party sites via our Services, those third-party sites may share information with OrangeSmile.com about your use of their service. Information collected may include the following:
- Contact information, including name, phone number and postal and email addresses
- User name and password
- Photos, reviews, forum and social posts, and videos you may have provided to us
- Device information, such as when you accessed our Services and information about the Device used (for example, IP address, software or internet browser used, preferred languages, unique Device identifiers and advertising identifiers)
- Online activity, including pages you have visited, content reviewed, and apps reviewed
- Purchasing history
OrangeSmile.com may also collect information about other travellers, including their email address and other travel-related information. If you are sharing information with OrangeSmile.com about other individuals, you must obtain their consent. You must obtain the consent of any other individuals if you are providing their data to OrangeSmile.com.
OrangeSmile.com is providing you with relevant content on our Services and respect the data privacy laws of the different jurisdictions which we operate in. OrangeSmile.com uses information about you so we can help you enjoy and use our Services, including in the following ways:
- Register and manage your account, including to allow you access to and use of our Services
- Facilitate your bookings
- Measure interest in and improve our Services
- Notify you about special offers and products or services available from us, our affiliates, or our partners that may be of interest to you
- Communicate with you
- Enable communication between registered users and owners/representatives of listings on our Services
- Enable us to publish your reviews, forum posts, photos, videos and other content
- Customize your experience, including customizing the ads shown to you on our Services and across the internet
- Make inferences about your interests or preferences
- Respond to your questions and comments
- Resolve disputes or troubleshoot problems
- Prevent potentially prohibited or unlawful activities
In order to provide some of our Services, OrangeSmile.com may need to share information with certain other third-parties, including our group of companies, in the following circumstances:
- Suppliers. We share information with certain suppliers used to facilitate our Services, including to help with transactions, such as any reservations you might make, for example, sharing data with a car rental agent if you make a reservation using our Services.
- Social Media Sites. When you use our Services and elect to share information with third-party social media sites, the information you share will be governed by the privacy policies of those social media sites and the privacy settings you have set with those social media websites.
- Advertising Networks. We sometimes collect and share information about your interests with advertising networks.
OrangeSmile.com has implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect your information.
OrangeSmile.com authorizes specific only employees to access personal information and they may do so only for permitted business functions. OrangeSmile.com uses encryption when transmitting your information between your system and ours, and between our system and those of the parties with whom we share information. OrangeSmile.com also employs firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized access to your information. However, OrangeSmile.com cannot guarantee the security of information from unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, or other circumstances outside of our control.
OrangeSmile.com will retain copies of your information for as long as you maintain your account or as necessary in connection with the purposes set out in this Statement, unless applicable law requires a longer retention period. In addition, OrangeSmile.com may retain your information for the duration of any period necessary to establish, exercise or defend any legal rights.
What are cookies?
The cookies OrangeSmile.com uses fall into three categories:
These cookies are necessary to help you access and move around the OrangeSmile.com website and use all its features. Without these cookies, the website would not work properly and you would not be able to use certain important features. For example, OrangeSmile.com uses a cookie to keep you logged in during your visit, so the site does not require you to log in repeatedly to access different pages. We may also use essential cookies for fraud detection and prevention purposes.
Analytics and customisation
OrangeSmile.com uses these cookies to help us understand how the website is being used and how we can improve your experience on it. These cookies can provide us with information to help us understand which parts of the website interest our visitors and if they experience any errors. OrangeSmile.com uses these cookies to test different designs and features for our sites and we also use them to help us monitor how visitors reach the website.
Advertising cookies help ensure that the advertisements you see are as relevant to you as possible. For example, some advertising cookies help select ads that are based on your interests. Others help prevent the same ad from continuously reappearing for you.
OrangeSmile.com also works with third-party advertisers to give you access to travel content that might be of interest, and may set cookies on our Services to provide you with advertising that matches your interests and preferences. These third-party cookies collect information about your browsing behaviour and interaction with ads or the Services more generally. This information also helps OrangeSmile.com to limit the number of times you may see the same ads and improve your online experience.
General Data Protection Regulation Privacy Statement (GDPR Statement)
This GDPR Statement applies to persons in the European Economic Area (EEA). This GDPR Statement supplements our Statement; however, where the Statement conflicts with the GDPR Statement, the GDPR Statement will prevail as to persons in the EEA.
Your rights under GDPR
You have certain rights regarding your personal data.
Your rights with respect to your own personal data include the following:
The right to request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data OrangeSmile.com holds about you.
The right to request to correct your personal data if it is inaccurate. You may also supplement any incomplete personal data we have, taking into account the purposes of the processing.
The right to request deletion of your personal data if:
- your personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we collected or processed them; or
- you withdraw your consent if the processing of your personal data is based on consent and no other legal ground exists; or
- you object to the processing of your personal data and OrangeSmile.com does not have an overriding legitimate ground for processing; or
- your personal data is unlawfully processed; or
- your personal data must be deleted for compliance with a legal obligation.
The right to object to the processing of your personal data. OrangeSmile.com will comply with your request, unless we have a compelling overriding legitimate interest for processing or we need to continue processing your personal data to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
The right to restrict the processing of personal data, if:
- the accuracy of your personal data is contested by you, for the period in which we have to verify the accuracy of the personal data; or
- the processing is unlawful and you oppose the deletion of your personal data and request restriction; or
- OrangeSmile.com no longer needs your personal data for the purposes of processing, but your personal data is required by you for legal claims; or
- you have objected to the processing, for the period in which we have to verify overriding legitimate grounds.
The right to data portability. You may request that we send this personal data to a third-party, where feasible. You only have this right if it relates to personal data you have provided to OrangeSmile.com where the processing is based on consent or necessity for the performance of a contract between you and us, and the processing is conducted by automated means.
OrangeSmile.com will only use your personal data when the law allows us to.
Pursuant to GDPR, OrangeSmile.com will use your personal data in one or more of the following circumstances:
- Where OrangeSmile.com needs to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third-party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
- Where OrangeSmile.com needs to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
- With your consent
Your personal data may be stored or transferred to countries outside the EEA for the purposes described in this Statement. When OrangeSmile.com stores or transfers your personal data outside the EEA, we take the following precautions to ensure that your personal data is properly protected.
Whenever OrangeSmile.com stores or transfers your personal data outside the EEA, we will do so in accordance with applicable law and we will ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by implementing appropriate safeguards. Transfers of personal data are made:
- to a country recognised by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection; or
- to a country which does not offer adequate protection but whose transfer has been governed by the standard contractual clauses of the European Commission or by implementing other appropriate cross-border transfer solutions to provide adequate protection.
By using OrangeSmile.com services, you understand that your personal data may be transferred to our facilities and those third-parties with whom we share it as described in this Statement.