Travel Reservations - OrangeSmile Tours
Best destinations around the world - Travel Guide

Find the right hotel

Hotel Business News and Analytics
Important! This article is written by editors and is protected by copyright law. The article can only be re-used with a direct link to
All news:

Hotels in Latvia Feature Growth in the Second Quarter of 2011

News Latvian hotels are definitely passing a successful period in their business as comparing to the second quarter of 2010 the achievements of this year are much more optimistic. According to the data provided by Central Statistical Bureau, the influx of visitors increased by 30% and estimated 416 thousand of people. 31% of all visitors in hotels in Latvia were the residents of this country. The rest 69% are foreign tourists. The increase in the number of visitors is mostly caused by foreigners as their number grew by 31.2% in the second quarter of 2011. Tourists from Russia occupy the leading position here - +80% comparing to the previous year.

Hotels in Riga are the most popular destination for foreign tourists in Latvia. 80% of visitors arrived to it. Jurmala accommodations attracted 7% of visitors, and Liepaja accommodations – 2%. Latvian tourists also visited Riga the most, but Liepaja was the second most popular among them.

The raise in the number of visitors has also positively influenced the increase in occupancy. It grew by 30% comparing to 2010. In large cities like Riga the occupancy of big hotels reached 90%.

Previous article / Back to news index

Stay in touch with the latest news of a worldwide hotel industry. All up-to-date analytics, news, and reports about hotel business trends on

Our travel services
 Car Rental
Car Hire Worldwide
 News in languages
 Top 20 destinations
73 hotels
Cape Town
191 hotels
212 hotels
58 hotels
72 hotels
365 hotels
45 hotels
57 hotels
208 hotels
110 hotels