Travel Reservations - OrangeSmile Tours
Best destinations around the world - Travel Guide

Find the right hotel

Hotel Business News and Analytics
Important! This article is written by orangesmile.com editors and is protected by copyright law. The article can only be re-used with a direct link to www.orangesmile.com

Rezidor Enters Economy Segment with Prizeotel

News Rezidor Hotel Group has become owner of a 49% stake of Prizeotel, economy hotels operator. The acquisition of the stake cost Rezidor 14.7 million euro. The famous hotel company will also purchase the remaining 51% of the shares in four years. The purchase will be closed in the next several weeks, after which both Rezidor and Prizeotel will change marketing and sales mechanism of the economy brand. The head of Prizeotel, Marco Nussbaum, will keep his position after change of the owner, but strategic decisions of the brand will be made by Rezidor shareholders meeting.

Due to this acquisition Rezidor is able to enter rapidly developing economy segment, which has always attracted the hotelier. Prizeotel has its distinctive features that have made the brand popular. Hotels by this brand feature innovative design, personal touch and support for latest technologies. Currently, this is a popular economy segment local hotel brand, but Rezidor plans to bring it to international level. First Prizeotel branded property appeared on the market in 2009. Since that time the portfolio of the brand has increased to 3 operating hotels in Germany and one more property under development. Rezidor plans to expand the portfolio of the newly acquired brand and add more properties in coming years.


Previous article / Back to news index

Stay in touch with the latest news of a worldwide hotel industry. All up-to-date analytics, reports, and news about hotel business trends on OrangeSmile.com.

Our travel services
 Car Rental
Car Hire Worldwide
 News in languages
 Top 10 destinations
608 hotels
Buenos Aires
381 hotels
42 hotels
59 hotels
52 hotels
46 hotels
42 hotels
Rio de Janeiro
158 hotels
110 hotels
90 hotels