1. The roads of Argentina are a perfect choice for a comfortable ride. A large part of them is paved and has good informational support. If in the city the road traffic is quite busy, in the country there are not so many cars. This fact makes travelling on them even more enjoyable.
2. Foreign drivers should not forget about basic traffic regulations. When driving, do not forget to turn on lower beams. It is also necessary not to forget to use seat belts. This rule concerns not only the driver, but also passengers who are in the back seat.
3. Local motorists often neglect many traffic regulations, but that does not mean that violations are left unpunished. Foreign drivers are recommended not to forget that local motorists never accompany their maneuvers with light signals, so it is often not possible to predict their behavior on the road.
To save on your rental, we advise to book your car in advance. You will save the most if you do this several weeks or even several months prior to your trip. Rental offices in Argentina usually raise rental prices over time, based on the number of cars left available for the accounting period.
When looking for an exotic car (cabriolet, minivan or limousine), we advise to check in the rental offices located at airports, as they usually provide much wider choice comparing to offices in urban areas.
Upon receipt of invoices, bills and documents for your car at the rental location, please compare the obtained data with your voucher. Quite often, employees of rental offices in Argentina try to add optional charges or services without informing customers.
It is very important to pick up your car at the rental office in Argentina in a correct way. Prior to leaving the office, carefully inspect the car for various defects, and ensure that all the discovered defects are mentioned in your rental documents. In case of a non-compliance found, place a demand for correction to the rental officer.
You can always check our car actual rental offers in Argentina. Simply use the search form at the top of the page. We guarantee that you will not find better prices anywhere else!
Disciplined foreign drivers, who use turn signals, are often not even understood by local drivers. Some local people believe that if the car’s turn signal is on, it is defective.
5. Driving in the city is greatly complicated by the fact that the majority of streets have only one-way traffic. In large cities such streets are marked with a special sign, and in small towns the signs may be absent. It is usually not difficult to navigate in the city as it is often enough to look at the way the cars are parked (cars can only be parked in the direction of traffic).
6. The placement of speed limit signs may seem rather unusual for foreign drivers. On some sections of roads, the length of which is less than a kilometer, you can find three or even four road signs, and each of them will have a new restriction.
7. This happens because of the following: in recent years many new speed limiting road signs have been installed on the roads of Argentina, but the old signs are not always dismantled. On some roads, there are no road signs that point to the end of the zone with speed limit.
The similar situation occurs with virtually all restricting signs. For example, if the road has the “No overtaking” road sign, there will likely be no sign that will end that restriction.
9. In order to remind drivers to follow speed limits, roads are often equipped with the so called “speed bumps”. Their presence is not indicated by any additional signs, and because of the shade that trees cast to the road, it is often even impossible to notice them. Only in large cities on busy roads the “speed bumps” can be painted with bright markings.
10. Local drivers tend to ignore the established traffic regulations. They feel very confident and free on the road. Do not be surprised by the fact how easy they can cross a solid line, even the police can drive in a similar way. Foreign visitors should not follow their example and risk, if the violation is noticed, the driver will have to pay a heavy fine.
11. If the car is broken down, then local drivers can easily start repairing it right on the road. They are absolutely not confused by the fact that a parked car in the middle of the road is a serious hindrance for other traffic participants.