Preparing your trip to Willemstad: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The best time to go on vacations is between March and June when good weather reigns in the city. The rainy season is from October to February. July and August remain the hottest months when the resort is visited by many fans of beach holidays.
2. Many tourists may find food offered in local restaurants quite unusual. Waiters have long been accustomed to the large flow of foreigners, so do not hesitate to ask questions - the staff will be happy to help choose the right dish.
3. There are many Duty-free shops within and outside the city. That's where experienced travelers should buy memorable souvenirs and gifts.
4. American-style sockets are installed in all inns and hotels, the standard voltage is 127/120 V. To use certain electrical appliances, you may need adapters. Ask right at the hotel or look for them in a specialized store.
6. In shops and on street markets, it's best to use the national currency. Money can be exchanged in numerous banks and private offices. However, exchange rates and charges may vary significantly in different institutions.
7. Going for a walk, be sure to take with you a copy of an identity document, as well as a hotel map. This will help you quickly resolve any disputable situations.
One of the favorite places among locals and visitors to the city is The Wine Cellar Restaurant offering guests a rich selection of national and international dishes. In the afternoon you can … Open
9. Many museums and amusement parks offer attractive discount systems. Those who go on vacation as a family often get low fare tickets.
10. Those wishing to visit nature reserves should carefully listen to the guide during the tour. The thing is that local forests have quite a lot of poisonous plants.
Preparing your trip to Willemstad: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Willemstad - unique sights
Pink BeachFrom the series “The Hidden and Hard-To-Reach Beautiful Beaches”
Check on the map: Distance from Willemstad center - 66.9 km.The wonderful pink beach is incredibly popular among the couples and the dreamers. The enchanting area also attracts divers who spend only a short time on the coast and prefer to graze on the bosom of the sea. This area is really like being found for diving, in calm weather the far-sightedness can reach 50 meters. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Willemstad and surroundings
Netherlands Antilles: travelling advices5. It is very profitable to make purchases. Equipment, jewelry, and household items are not taxed and levied. Shops work intermittently, so do not be surprised if you find the third break in a day. Large shopping centers, as a rule, work only in the evenings.
6. Hotels and large restaurants include tips in the account automatically. This is 10-15% of the total amount. In ordinary cafes, a tip is at the discretion of the client. The same percentage will be accepted favorably. The tip is not accepted in a taxi, except for the help with a luggage.
7. From mid-April to mid-December, when the number of tourists is significantly lower, prices for all goods and services reduce significantly. So, you can have a rest and enjoy discounted prices.
8. It’s better to book a hotel room in advance, as it will be extremely difficult in the high season. Also, remember that most restaurants do not work in the morning. They can open for a lunch, but the main influx of visitors is only in the evening. … Open
Photos of Willemstad
Travelling to Willemstad - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Willemstad. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.