Preparing your trip to Verona: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Tourists, who expect to devote much time to walks and excursions around the city, are recommended to visit Verona during the period from early May to early October. At this time of year the weather is most favorable, so long rains will not spoil your recreation program.
2. There is a tourist office next to Porta Nuova railway station. You can obtain a free map of the city there. The map is very useful as it shows all public transport routes and throws the light upon the upcoming cultural events.
3. Buses remain the main form of public transport. Tickets must be purchased in advance. They are sold in all newspaper and tobacco kiosks. As a rule, tickets vary in price and are valid for a certain period of time.
4. Lake Garda can be reached by special blue buses that start their route from the square near the station. If you expect to travel a lot around the city and use public transport for that purpose, it is better to purchase a special ticket named Verona Card. This pass provides its holder with a discount not only for public transport, but also for various museums and theaters.
6. You can easily obtain a free copy of «Verona Guida alla shopping» booklet at the tourist office. The booklet provides a detailed description of all shops and shopping centers of the city, including their specificity and working hours.
7. Travellers who want to save money on restaurants, should pay attention to local residents. If there are many visitors in a restaurant, then this place is distinguished bot only by a great menu but also by reasonable prices.
The town of Verona is famous for its historical monuments and museums. However, not only lovers of excursions will like to have a vacation here, but also tourists with children. In the city, … Open
9. Travellers, who plan to use mobile phones during their vacation, should not forget that roaming in Verona is quite expensive.
10. Despite the fact that the Verona is a fairly safe city, travelers should follow basic security precautions. All valuable items are better to be kept in a safe at your hotel. Do not leave your belongings in public places and do not leave bags and outerwear unattended.
Preparing your trip to Verona: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Verona - unique sights
MantovaFrom the series “The oldest inhabited cities on the planet”
Check on the map: Distance from Verona center - 35 km.Mantova is the legendary city of the Etruscans, which was founded in 2000 BC. Advantageous location near the waterways made the city incredibly attractive in eyes of the conquerors, so during its long history, Mantova was often the site of fierce military confrontations. The formation of the city's culture was influenced not only by the tribes of the Gauls and Etruscans, but the Roman Empire as well. Modern art historians and fans of poetry know Mantova as the birthplace of the greatest Roman poet, Vergil. … Read further
City of VeronaFrom the series “Top 15 UNESCO sites In Europe”
Check on the map: Distance from Verona center - 1 km.Many travelers associate the charming Italian city of Verona with the romantic love story of Romeo and Juliet. This picturesque place with a rich history is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Every year, it is visited by more than three million tourists. The city is famous not only for its priceless historical and architectural monuments, but also for a rich cultural life. There are joyful festivals and exhibitions all year round. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Verona and surroundings
Photos of Verona
Travelling to Verona - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Verona. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.