Preparing your trip to Veneto: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Budget travelers should avoid shops and restaurants located in central areas of cities, as they are the most expensive. Dining places and shops in remote areas are rather good; they differ from central ones with prices only.
2. Restaurants, shops and other entertainment venues in major cities have quite excessive working hours, but in small towns they don’t. Planning excursions and activities, it’s better to specify the schedule of local institutions.
3. The central railway station of Venice has a great storage room, where you can leave a bag for all day for just 5 euros. It would be a real find for those who decide to spend in the capital one day only.
4. Tourists planning to travel through the territory of Veneto by car have to consider some important nuances. Even in large cities the vast majority of streets are narrow and one-way; they won’t be easy to foreign drivers. An abundance of road signs simplifies the situation.
6. All major cities have great tourist centers. There you can take a map of the city for free, get a schedule of public traffic and a lot of other important travel information.
7. One of the most popular and expensive entertainment remains a gondola ride along canals of Venice. Prices will be higher in the evening; in the morning and in the afternoon, they would be quite reasonable. It is profitable to make a trip in a big company; usually gondola can accommodate up to 6 people.
Your active city break in Veneto. Attractions, recreation and entertainment - best places to spend your day and night here
Guests of Veneto can diversify their rest not only with walks along historical sites, but also with a wide variety of entertainment options. The region is rich in natural attractions … Open
Preparing your trip to Veneto: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Veneto - unique sights
Botanical Garden of PaduaFrom the series “16 Most Fascinating Objects of Unesco in Italy”
Check on the map: Distance from Veneto center - 43 km.The most interesting plants of Europe are kew trees and magnolias. As a long time ago, today in the garden medical herbs are also produced. It is also under the control of the university, that’s why you can see students there. On the territory, you can see about 6 000 types of plants. The oldest Mediterranean palm was planted there in 1585. The territory of the garden was divided into 5 thematic zones. Every zone represents different countries. The garden is well equipped for vacation, there you can find a lot of benches and arbours. … Read further
Venice and its LagoonFrom the series “16 Most Fascinating Objects of Unesco in Italy”
Check on the map: Distance from Veneto center - 60.9 km.Tourists also like to walk on the insular Venice. The main mean of transport there is a boat. People get from one place to another only on foot or by boat. That’s why it is quite easy to get to some beautiful islands. One of them is Burano Island. It became known worldwide thanks to its small houses which facades are painted in rainbow colours. In one of these houses has placed an interesting museum of Venetian lace. On Murano island, you can go to the famous museum of Murano’s glass. … Read further
VeniceFrom the series “Permanently Sinking Cities and Regions”
Check on the map: Distance from Veneto center - 61.2 km.If there won't be taken special steps in building borders from the water, the city will become inhabited to 2100. The city has been destroying not only thanks to the global warming but also because of people actions. A great number of historical buildings were built on wooden beams. They fell into disrepair and slumped within years. More than that, every year Venice has about 10 million tourists. Under their weight, the islands go lower and lower. The department is planning to begin the building of new dams and dumbs. The number of tourists will also be taken under control in the nearest time. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Veneto and surroundings
Photos of Veneto
Travelling to Veneto - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Veneto. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.