Preparing your trip to Velika Gorica: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Local shops and restaurants usually do not accept foreign currency, so it is recommended to exchange money in the bank or at one of the numerous exchange offices. There are also many ATMs where guests of the city can withdraw cash. Large shops and restaurants usually accept credit card payments. Travelers should not forget that they need a credit card of one of international payment systems.
2. It is very comfortable to explore the city using public transport. Tickets must be purchased in advance in newspaper kiosks.
3. All taxis have meters installed. The tariffs can be different in the daytime and in the evening. If the luggage is big, you may be charged an additional fee.
4. In order to rent a car, tourists must present an international driver’s permit. Most rental offices also require a credit card with a certain sum as a deposit. Avis, Europcar, and Budget are considered the most popular car rental companies. As a rule, they offer the most beneficial rates.
6. Local telephone services are quite expensive, so savvy travelers are advised to head to a post office in order to make an international phone call. Local cellular services are amazing, so travelers might prefer to buy a sim card by one of the local mobile phone providers.
7. Don’t forget to leave tips in local restaurants and cafes. A reward of 10% of the total is more than enough. Guides, hairdressers, hotel maids, and taxi drivers will also be grateful for a small tip.
Visitors to Velika Gorica will have a great opportunity to organize an unforgettable romantic vacation in one of the attractive local hotels. An ideal place for organizing a secluded stay … Open
9. When going outside for a walk, it is recommended to choose a neutral outfit. This is particularly true about the fair sex. Too extravagant and revealing clothes can cause misunderstanding and attention of local men.
10. Local people care about ecology of their city, so local streets are always clean and tidy. Do not throw litter outside special bins as this may result in a large fine. When choosing a place for a picnic, make sure it is specially designated area where picnics are allowed.
Preparing your trip to Velika Gorica: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Velika Gorica - unique sights
Dobra RiverFrom the series “The Most Dangerous River Rapids for Rafting”
Check on the map: Distance from Velika Gorica center - 46.6 km.A part of the river bed stretches through the deep ravine. This range is considered the most complicated and attractive among the most experienced athletes. Another unquestionable advantage of the river is its numerous pools and dams, which make the water level in the river almost 6 months a year sufficient for rafting. Here you can train in the early spring as well as in the autumn. On the Kupa River itself, you can go exclusively in the spring. During spring awakening, after the heavy rains the river water level increases and allows the raft rides. Even at the beginning of summer, however, the level of the water falls impetuously. … Read further
ZrinjskiFrom the series “The Scariest Mines in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Velika Gorica center - 23.3 km.Long deserted tunnels serve as sites for guided tours, as part of mine is converted into a museum where you can see samples of old appliances and other miners’ devices. To make the atmosphere in the museum even more realistic, it was fitted with wooden statues of workers. The main inhabitants of the desert tunnels are bats, which make atmosphere in the mines even more ominous. … Read further
Photos of Velika Gorica
Travelling to Velika Gorica - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Velika Gorica. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.