Preparing your trip to Val d Isere: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Foreign travelers are recommended to learn a few phrases in French as a sign of their respect for local traditions. Despite the fact that local people learn foreign languages, they are very reluctant to use them.
2. Make sure you check the compatibility of appliances that you plan to take with you before the trip. Line supply voltage is 220 V. If necessary, hotel guests will be provided with adapters.
3. Service charges are already included in the bill in most restaurants and cafes. As a rule, tips range from 12 to 15% of the total order. If the tip is not included in the total amount, you should simply add another 10 - 15% to the sum of the bill.
4. There are many sports equipment rentals and specialty stores throughout the resort. You can easily rent or buy all the necessary equipment there.
6. Each hotel is equipped with a special room for storing sports equipment. Bring skis and other sports equipment to hotel rooms is prohibited. When you deposit your gear for storing, do not forget to mark it with special colored tape or a sticker.
7. Several buses run throughout the resort from early morning until late evening. The periodicity of their routes is approximately 30 minutes during the daytime and 60 minutes early in the morning and after 21:00. You can easily reach any part of the resort by these buses.
The city with the beautiful name of Val d'Isere attracts travelers with its proximity to the most important natural landmark of France - the Alps. Local people themselves can be compared to … Open
9. Local grocery stores and supermarkets feature a wide selection of products. Stores, which are located in the heart of the resort, are characterized by higher prices. The same items can be purchased 20 - 40% cheaper in remote areas.
10. Visitors with children are provided the best discounts in local shops and trading centers, so buying family tickets is always very profitable. Large groups of tourists are also available for discounts.
Preparing your trip to Val d Isere: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Val d Isere - unique sights
Face Ski SlopeFrom the series “Top 13 Furious Ski Resorts and Pistes”
Check on the map: Distance from Val d Isere center - 0.3 km.Today, Val d'Isere is one of the most chic and expensive ski resorts in France and is aimed at the general public. In addition to the professional slopes you can also find several green ski slopes for beginners. The resort even fits the recreation with the young children. Those who visit Val d'Isere in search of nerve kitzel should choose the best ski slopes in the upper part of the resort. These steep and zigzag-shaped descents are found as to test their own courage and professionalism. … Read further
Aiguille du MidiFrom the series “The World's Highest Observation Decks”
Check on the map: Distance from Val d Isere center - 48.3 km.You can not only walk through the tunnels between levels, but also use a special lift that is much more convenient and faster. There is a special plate with the exact height of the platform and its number at each level. It's also worth to have a long and incredibly interesting tour to Aiguille du Midi that many tourists tend to visit in the summer. The fact is that it’s always very cold and very windy at the top, so it would be more comfortable to climb it in the summer, when it's not so chilly. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Val d Isere and surroundings
Photos of Val d Isere
Travelling to Val d Isere - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Val d Isere. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.