Preparing your trip to Toulouse: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. You can make a trip literally at any time of year, as Toulouse has a very mild and pleasant climate. The hottest months of the year are July and August, when the average daily temperature is around 26 degrees Celsius. In winter, the temperature rarely drops below 8 degrees Celsius.
2. It’s better to walk around the historic district of the city on foot, as all important sights are within easy walking distance of each other. Public transport in Toulouse is represented by an extensive network of trams and buses; the city has two underground lines.
3. Shoppers should be aware that many urban markets and fairs are working exclusively on weekends. Visit them in the first half of the day, since the working day of local merchants ends early. On the contrary, it’s better to visit shopping centers during a week.
4. Those who would like to bring a lot of beautiful photos from a trip are advised to go on an excursion in the early morning or at sunset. The fact is that many old buildings in Toulouse are made of special pink brick, which looks particularly impressive in morning and evening hours.
6. During the year, there is a large number of holidays in Toulouse that are always visited by foreign guests. Travelers who are used to save on hotel accommodation are recommended to book a room in advance.
7. Tourists who have sufficient time and plan to visit neighboring towns are advised to use services of high-speed TGV trains. In this case, the trip to Paris will take only 5 hours, to Bordeaux and Marseille - 2 and 4 hours, respectively.
There are over eight hundred different restaurants, cafes and bars in Toulouse; there are real gastronomic attractions among them. The luxury restaurant Michel SARRAN is known far beyond the … Open
Preparing your trip to Toulouse: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Toulouse - unique sights
Bruniquel CaveFrom the series “Famous Stables of Ancient People”
Check on the map: Distance from Toulouse center - 52.8 km.More than 170 000 years ago on the territory of modern France lived the Neanderthals. No one except them could do anything like this. The unusual circles in the Bruniquel Cave are quite complex buildings. It says that Neanderthals were more intelligent than the modern science used to think. We still don't know about the real practical use of these outstanding circles. … Read further
Photos of Toulouse
Travelling to Toulouse - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Toulouse. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.