Preparing your trip to Surabaya: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Travelers arriving to Surabaya airport can get to the city center by taxi. The cost of trip wouldn’t be more than 10 USD; you can also drive to the southern area of the city by bus, but it goes pretty seldom.
2. The rainy season is from November to April, this time there are heavy rains literally every day, and it is often a strong wind. Throughout the year hot weather reigns in Surabaya; the average daily temperature is about 30-32°C.
3. The main form of public transport is a bus. In addition to municipal routes, several commercial routes operate in the city. The latter are called ‘patas’ and considered to be more comfortable; there is always a lot of passengers in all buses.
4. At any time, visitors can take a taxi; it can be ordered by phone or taken on a special parking lot on the street. It’s worth to negotiate the cost of travel in advance, as many taxi drivers deliberately overcharge using ignorance of tourists.
6. In crowded places travelers should be especially careful, as one of the main problems of the resort is pickpocketing. Don’t take valuables and carry them in your pockets during a walk; bags and other stuff are frequently stolen from cars.
7. To mitigate the process of acclimatization it is recommended to drink only purified bottled water. You can buy it at any grocery store or supermarket.
The second largest city of the country and a famous trading port, this place is a recreational area of the world level. Surabaya became a part of Indonesia in 1950; prior to this fact it was … Open
9. Tipping is customary almost at any place; tip is usually 5-10 % of the amount of services rendered. The appropriate reward for a maid and a doorman is 0.5-1 USD.
Preparing your trip to Surabaya: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Surabaya - unique sights
JavaFrom the series “The most extreme settlements on the planet”
Check on the map: Distance from Surabaya center - 166 km.The settlement, located on the island of Java, is worth to be mentioned among the most extreme. Here, people literally live on a volcano. The island features the world famous Merapi volcano that is the most active of the 128 volcanoes in Indonesia. On average, the structure erupts twice a year, and large destructive explosions occur every seven years. Literally, every such an explosion takes lives and razes settlements. About 500 000 people live in the immediate vicinity of the volcano. … Read further
Photos of Surabaya
Travelling to Surabaya - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Surabaya. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.