Preparing your trip to Strasbourg: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Travelers arriving to the airport of Strasbourg are recommended to get to the city center by express train. The tariff will be not more than 4 euros and the journey would take less than 10 minutes. Aeroexpress runs from 5:30 am to 10:30 pm on weekdays, and from 5:00 am to 10:00 pm on weekends. Also, the city center can be reached by taxi; the cost of service is about 10 euros.
2. The vast majority of important landmarks and cultural venues are located in the historic center of the city, so travelers are advised to explore center on foot. Every building in the area has a unique history. Many historic buildings, restaurants and shops are located here.
3. July and August are the hottest months of the year; the average daily temperature during this period is about +25 °C. Many tourists visit Strasbourg in summer, also the high tourist season is during Christmas holidays.
4. The central part of the city is almost completely closed to vehicles; a popular mode of transport is bike. The most popular bike rentals among holidaymakers are near the train station and on the rue des Bouchers. The cost of renting two-wheeler is 7 to 10 euros per day.
6. Travelers who prefer to travel by private car or expect to rent a car have to consider some important features. It is very difficult to move around the city center by car because many streets are pedestrianized. In addition, during peak hours there are always heavy traffic jams on city's main streets.
7. Those planning a rich excursion program are recommended to visit one of the local tourist offices. They sell tourist cards entitling to free admission of cultural venues, discounts in shops and restaurants. That card would cost about 12.5 euros for adults and 6.5 euros for children.
Preparing your trip to Strasbourg: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Strasbourg - unique sights
Strasbourg BainsFrom the series “Most Extraordinary Thermaes, Baths and Saunas in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Strasbourg center - 1.1 km.You can not only recover excellently and swim in a huge pool there. An excursion to the baths can replace a visit to the local museum. Numerous symbolic bas-reliefs, fine marble decorations and marvelous mosaics - you can see a lot of real works of art there. Tourists planning to visit Strasbourg Baths should take into account that taking pictures in the complex is prohibited. … Read further
Europa ParkFrom the series “The Most Fantastic Amusement Parks in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Strasbourg center - 35.2 km.To the fans of the breathtaking attractions one can recommend 'France', where one of the most dangerous roller coasters of the park - 'Silver star' is located. The height of the roller coaster is 73 meters. 'Italy' and 'Spain', where the special arenas are equipped, will please the theatrical friends. The park, which is visited by approximately 5 million people annually, is situated on the extensive territory with the area of 62 hectares. At the disposal of the visitors, it offers more than hundred original attractions and the interesting daily entertainment program. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Strasbourg and surroundings
Photos of Strasbourg
Travelling to Strasbourg - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Strasbourg. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.