Preparing your trip to Southampton: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Renting a car is worth only for those travelers who plan to visit the neighborhood of Southampton and nearby towns, otherwise car rent is simply unprofitable. It is convenient to move around the city on foot, as there are attractions and entertainment venues at every step.
2. Tourists who have a sufficient amount of time have an opportunity to travel to London. Daily buses to the British capital can be found on a bus station; time of trip is less than half an hour. Ticket price depends on the class of the bus and can range from 6 to 8 pounds.
3. One of the most common means of public transport is a bicycle; you can rent it at one of many rental centers. Along major highways special paths for cyclists are laid not to be confused with sidewalks.
4. The main form of public transport is a bus; the starting point for most routes is the city center. Budget travelers and those who expect to explore the city actively should definitely buy a travel card.
6. The most prestigious and expensive hotels and restaurants are located near the waterfront and in the downtown. Those who expect to save on accommodation are recommended to pay attention to suburban hotels, where prices are lower.
7. It is customary to leave a tip in local restaurants and cafes; about 10% of the total bill would be sufficient. In many prestigious restaurants and clubs there is a dress code, so be sure to clarify existing rules in advance.
Southampton is known as a luxurious resort, especially popular among wealthy people in the United States. On the coast, you can see a lot of luxury estates and villas next to upscale … Open
Preparing your trip to Southampton: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Southampton - unique sights
Science Park Porton DownFrom the series “Forbidden Construction Objects with Label "Access Denied"”
Check on the map: Distance from Southampton center - 33.3 km.It is also known that the laboratories of the science park store samples of the most dangerous and aggressive viruses in the world, including the Ebola virus, which was first recorded in 1976 in Africa. In 2008, the Daily Mail published an incredible note that in the "Porton Down" Science Park they are investigating bodies of extraterrestrials that were brought to the laboratory from the crash site of an alien ship. For more than a hundred years of the existence of the base, almost nothing is known about its activities. It is impossible for an outsider to penetrate the territory of the scientific center. … Read further
Megalithic Monuments of Stonehenge and AveburyFrom the series “Top 15 Unesco Sites in Europe”
Check on the map: Distance from Southampton center - 43 km.Nearby, there is another amazing megalithic complex, Avebury. Archaeologists suggest that its age is about 4 000 years. This archaeological complex also consists of a cromlech, the diameter of which is more than 350 meters. The structure is surrounded by its moat and shaft. About a hundred stone pillars are set at the perimeter. The weight of pillars is about 50 tons, which also leads modern researchers to confusion. … Read further
Photos of Southampton
Travelling to Southampton - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Southampton. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.