Preparing your trip to Southampton: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Renting a car is worth only for those travelers who plan to visit the neighborhood of Southampton and nearby towns, otherwise car rent is simply unprofitable. It is convenient to move around the city on foot, as there are attractions and entertainment venues at every step.
2. Tourists who have a sufficient amount of time have an opportunity to travel to London. Daily buses to the British capital can be found on a bus station; time of trip is less than half an hour. Ticket price depends on the class of the bus and can range from 6 to 8 pounds.
3. One of the most common means of public transport is a bicycle; you can rent it at one of many rental centers. Along major highways special paths for cyclists are laid not to be confused with sidewalks.
4. The main form of public transport is a bus; the starting point for most routes is the city center. Budget travelers and those who expect to explore the city actively should definitely buy a travel card.
6. The most prestigious and expensive hotels and restaurants are located near the waterfront and in the downtown. Those who expect to save on accommodation are recommended to pay attention to suburban hotels, where prices are lower.
7. It is customary to leave a tip in local restaurants and cafes; about 10% of the total bill would be sufficient. In many prestigious restaurants and clubs there is a dress code, so be sure to clarify existing rules in advance.
Southampton is known as a luxurious resort, especially popular among wealthy people in the United States. On the coast, you can see a lot of luxury estates and villas next to upscale … Open
Preparing your trip to Southampton: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Southampton - unique sights
Corfe CastleFrom the series “Amazing Ancient Fortresses Preserved to This Day”
Check on the map: Distance from Southampton center - 54.6 km.During the bourgeois war the castle was besieged continuously for two months. It has succeeded the troops of Colonel Bingham to get to the territory of the impregnable castle only thanks to the slyness. Mary Banks was the last man to stretch the arms. It has resisted the army with the simplest weapons - the glowing coals. The half-ruined Corfe Castle, surrounded by numerous historical legends, is one of the most striking reminders of the tragic civil war. … Read further
Durdle DoorFrom the series “Incredible Natural Arches Built by Water and Wind”
Check on the map: Distance from Southampton center - 68.9 km.The name of the arch is very interesting and comes from the Old English word 'thirl', which is literally translated as 'hole after a shot', and from the word 'door' that means 'the door'. For tourists exciting excursions on the coast are regularly carried out. Travellers can walk along the paths over the coast and view the cliffs pouring into the sea from all sides. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Southampton and surroundings
Photos of Southampton
Travelling to Southampton - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Southampton. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.