Preparing your trip to Sicily: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Going on a trip don’t forget to bring an Italian phrasebook with you, as not all of locals speak foreign languages. It's worth noting that much of the indigenous population speaks particular Sicilian dialect, which is not always clear for foreigners. In this case, the sign language will help.
2. Travelers who don’t tolerate the heat are recommended to avoid trip in July and August. During this period, the temperature can reach 40 degrees Celsius; this time fans of beach holiday arrive to the island.
3. The holiday with children would be the best from July to September; at this time all the water parks and entertainment centers, including Etnalend, are working on the island. There are attractive discounts for children in all entertainment centers.
4. Travelers who expect to include the visit to the House of butterflies to their tour program have to consider some important points. It isn’t necessary to go there on a cloudy day, as butterflies are inactive in this weather. Those who want to attract the attention of insects should wear bright clothes, and butterflies certainly will try to sit down at a bright object.
6. Those who visit Sicily in the summer are sure to take a sun protector. You can burn even during a casual walk around the city. Special beach shoes would become handy in the afternoon, as the sand on beaches is strongly heated.
7. Those planning a trip to Etna should definitely bring warm clothes, as it is always pretty cool at top of the volcano. At the foot of Mount Etna there is a special warm clothes rental, where paying 1-2 USD you can rent jackets, hats, and even warm boots.
The main feature of Sicilian cuisine is its versatility. Culinary connoisseurs can easily recognize typical Greek, Spanish and Arabic features; their harmonious combination determines the … Open
Preparing your trip to Sicily: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
City tours, excursions and tickets in Sicily and surroundings
Italy: travelling advices6. It is prohibited to be on beaches in Italy from 1AM to 6AM. Violation of this rule attracts a fine of 150 Euros.
7. When visiting temples and cathedrals in Italy, it is worth choosing closed clothing or throwing a scarf over your shoulders. Otherwise, you may not be allowed inside.
8. The name of the male and female toilet in Italy begins with a single letter - Signori and Signora. It is worth being careful not to get into an embarrassing situation.
9. Italians are very sociable people. They will gladly show strayed tourist the way, tell them about local sights and give some advice. … Open
Photos of Sicily
Travelling to Sicily - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Sicily. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.