Preparing your trip to Sarajevo: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. An optimum season to plan a visit to Sarajevo is considered to be a period from May to September as during these months the weather is the most favorable for city exploration and sightseeing. Rainfalls are rather rare so tourists should not worry about bad weather interrupting the program and plans for vacation.
2. To show respect to local folks tourists are recommended to learn several phrases in Bosnian as this language is the most widely spoken in the city. One third of local residents give preference to speaking Serbian meanwhile a major part of locals speaks Croatian as their master language.
3. In communication with locals tourists are not recommended to touch upon the political order domain as well as to criticize inter-ethnic relations and multiculturalism. Local folks are rather hearty and welcoming people being ready to help and assist tourists. However city guests should observe local traditions.
4. Central streets of the city are safe for walking even in the late evening meanwhile the remote areas of the city should better be explored with a guide. Tourists should keep to the basics of safety rules and keep an eye on private things in crowded public areas.
6. Tourists wishing to buy objects of art or pieces of antiques as a keepsake should take care of necessary documents in advance as otherwise the things can be confiscated by customs.
7. The city of Sarajevo is convenient to cruise on foot. The most popular means of transportation in the city is a bus being the cheapest way of cruising the territory meanwhile travelling by underground will be a bit more expensive. Tourists should keep in mind that the city of Sarajevo offers quite high rates for taxi service.
Academy of Fine Arts Sarajevo, National Theatre, Asim Ferhatoviс - Hase, Ferhadija Mosque, Church of St. Anthony of Padua, as well as many others, they all become the world's cultural heritage objects and remain as iconic monuments for Sarajevo … Open
9. Tips are welcome for almost every service almost in all places of the city. The amount of tips commonly reaches 10% of the cost of the rendered service.
Preparing your trip to Sarajevo: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Sarajevo - unique sights
Lukomir VillageFrom the series “The Most Cozy Towns Full of Zen”
Check on the map: Distance from Sarajevo center - 28.8 km.You can see the old stone houses of local residents in the village. Numerous amazing attractions are situated in the nearest vicinity. Here you can walk through the picturesque mountain areas, see centuries-old forests, and admire the rapid waterfalls. The way of life in a village is very special. Its residents deliberately abandoned all the benefits of civilization. Thus, even now, there is no electricity and running water. … Read further
Bosnian PyramidFrom the series “Top Survived Pyramids from Previous Civilizations”
Check on the map: Distance from Sarajevo center - 23.2 km.Today, the Bosnian pyramids are considered a pseudo-scientific sensation that has shattered the world about ten years ago. The unique geological formations, located in the surroundings of Visoko, have attracted researchers from all over the world. These are the huge pyramid-shaped green hills covered with forest. The explorers, inspired by the discovery, have assumed that the hills conceal the largest pyramids in the world, called the Pyramid of the Sun and the Pyramid of the Moon. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Sarajevo and surroundings
Bosnia And Herzegovina: travelling advices3. Screaming in the streets also seem uncivilized to locals.
4. It is not polite to ask Bosnians about their professional activities. The country has a high unemployment rate, and this kind of question may be regarded as a faux pas.
5. Most cars in Bosnia and Herzegovina are old, roads cannot be called ideal, and drivers are not very attentive. Therefore, in large cities, one needs to be especially careful when crossing the road.
6. Do not approach homeless animals, nor pet them - there are a lot of them in Bosnia. They can be aggressive or sick with some kind of infection. … Open
Photos of Sarajevo
Travelling to Sarajevo - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Sarajevo. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.