Preparing your trip to Santiago: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Despite a low crime level tourists should be aware of cheaters and fraudsters in the streets of the city. One should not use services offered by strangers no matter how profitable these services may seem. Currency should be exchanged only in specialized establishments and financial institutions meanwhile jewelries should be bought only in stores. Tourists are strongly recommended to avoid buying jewelries and gems at the market places.
2. One should not touch upon politics and political life during communication with local folks. The Pinochet Regiment should not be touched under any condition otherwise the debate may last for hours and may grow into a true rally.
3. Drinking of alcohol is allowed only in specially designated establishments. Smoking is as well banned in public places. As a rule close to all the restaurants, bars, cafes as well as close to shopping and entertainment establishments tourists will find special smoking areas.
4. Tourists should keep in mind that a usual day off of every entertainment and public establishment is considered to be Sunday. Public institutions are commonly closed on great holidays. On holidays and weekends the city turns quiet. Checking in a hotel or buying flight tickets on Sundays is almost impossible.
6. A small cash reward should be given to a taxi driver. In this case a total sum according to the counter should be round up to any convenient amount. A hotel maid waits for 0.5 -1USD tips which will depend on a class of a hotel.
7. Local markets and private shops welcome bargaining as this helps to sufficiently reduce a price for desired goods. Bargaining will be inappropriate in large shopping centers and supermarkets. Shopping addicts are recommended to always be backed up with enough of small change and cash.
The main feature of Santiago lifestyle and culture is multinationality of the destination. Tourists will be surely much impressed with a unique fusion of various cultures and traditions. … Open
Preparing your trip to Santiago: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Santiago - unique sights
ValparaisoFrom the series “The most magical and picturesque cities in the world”
Check on the map: Distance from Santiago center - 101.4 km.Valparaiso is probably one of the most unusual cities not only in Chile, but also in the whole Latin America. The city is located on a hard-to-reach hill, so old cable cars are considered one of the landmarks of Valparaiso. Funicular rides are one of the favourite entertainments for tourists. Some parts of the city are reachable exclusively by air. Another landmark of the city are historic streets with majestic, colorful villas. It will be difficult to find a more fantastic and fabulous place in Chile. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Santiago and surroundings
Photos of Santiago
Travelling to Santiago - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Santiago. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.