Preparing your trip to San Sebastian: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. San Sebastian is a quite expensive resort however tourists will easily find hotels and restaurants featuring quite reasonable pricing. Sport activities fans may not take their own sport gears and equipment as local beaches offer numerous rental centers offering high quality sport and beach equipment. Rental rates are rather reasonable. A day of rental of equipment will cost about 10Euro.
2. The resort of San Sebastian is interconnected with suburban cities with a developed railway network. Tourists can get to other cities by bus as well. One day tours to the cities of Madrid, Barcelona and Milan are of great popularity among foreign guests of the resort.
3. A heat of the tourist season on the resort falls within a period from the middle of May till the end of September. During this period hotels and inns can insufficiently increase prices for rooms. Sparing tourists and those travelers who do not opt for beach leisure and recreation should better visit the resort in winter or in the off season period.
4. The resort features plenty of upscale gastronomy establishments however it should be noted that most of them offer rather affordable prices. A table in one of the upscale restaurants should be reserved in advance of few days. Tourists should carefully choose their outfits for visiting upscale establishments of the resort.
6. A large choice of memorable gifts and souvenirs is offered in various stores and boutiques located in the coastal area. Buzzing beach areas host several rather attractive souvenir shops as well. Some small gift shops are scattered around popular remarkable landmarks and sites of the destination.
7. Tourists planning a rich excursion program should keep in mind long queues at ticket offices being an essential feature of the heat of the tourist season. Tickets for various events can be bought in advance or can be ordered in tourist information offices being a perfect way to avoid inconveniences during San Sebastian vacation.
The former fishing village Donostia-San Sebastian is nowadays a famous resort in the Basque country. During its history this place has been repeatedly subjected to conquest. During the two … Open
Preparing your trip to San Sebastian: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in San Sebastian - unique sights
Ladder GastelugacheFrom the series “Furious Footways Around the World That Make You Dizzy”
Check on the map: Distance from San Sebastian center - 66.4 km.The most terrible thing is to move up the stairs at a time when the sea is worried. In some places the staircase passes through very narrow ridges. This staircase built of stone is very beautiful, it will be a great place to admire the surrounding landscapes and a place for a memorable photo session. Travellers will be able to visit a church located on the island, in which an interesting collection of exhibits is kept today. For hundreds of years, sailors, who managed to escape from storm, brought their gifts to the church. Today, they form the basis of the exposition presented in the museum. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in San Sebastian and surroundings
Photos of San Sebastian
Travelling to San Sebastian - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in San Sebastian. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.