Preparing your trip to Saint Petersburg: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. A heat of the tourist season on Saint Petersburg falls within a period from the middle of may till the end of September as this period features the most favorable weather for trips and excursions. The city is of great interest and of charming beauty in late autumn being a great time to embrace the magnificence of local parks.
2. Sparing tourists are advised to visit the city of Saint Petersburg in winter as in this period local hotels and cultural establishments sufficiently reduce prices for services and offer great discounts for tourists. Despite winter weather being not the most favorable for sightseeing, a major part of cultural establishments and landmarks goes on working to a usual schedule.
3. Planning a visit to Saint Petersburg tourists are recommended to have a pair of comfortable shoes and an umbrella adding comfort to the city visit as it may start raining all of a sudden that is why tourists are recommended not to leave a hotel without an umbrella.
4. The underground is the optimum way to cruise the city as it runs to almost every part of the destination and to any landmark. In summer special day and night buses are cruising the city which routes run along the routes of the underground. A cost of a trip by the bus is about 0.8 USD.
6. The city of Saint Petersburg presents hotels and inns meeting every taste, fancy and budget. The city offers a great number of budgetary hotels and hostels. A perfect alternative to a hotel or a hostel will be renting of dwelling.
7. Tourists limited in time should take a ride by a local tram. A simple trip will turn into an exciting excursion as the route of the local tram runs though numerous significant landmarks.
Saint Petersburg impresses its visitors with a vast choice of gastronomy establishments being of great attraction for tourists. Many restaurants and city cafes features centuries-long … Open
9. In public areas tourists are strongly recommended to keep an eye on their private things and valuables. The valuables should not be kept in pockets. Rucksacks should be carries in hands and not on the back.
10. All the large hotels provide leaflets and city guides for easy and simple city exploration. An excursion route should be planned in advance. In other case tourists are recommended to use service of one of the local tourist information centers.
Preparing your trip to Saint Petersburg: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Saint Petersburg - unique sights
St. Isaac CathedralFrom the series “The most iconic temples in the world”
Check on the map: Distance from Saint Petersburg center - 2.8 km.In 1937, the historical museum, whose exposition is still present in the cathedral of St. Isaac, was opened in the former cathedral. Since 1991 the worship services have been held regularly in the cathedral. They are, however, rather exceptionally held, on the most important Christian holidays. The majestic cathedral, which the city dwellers and guests of Saint Petersburg can enjoy today, was opened to the parishioners in 1858. Their construction lasted for more than thirty years. … Read further
Church of Savior on BloodFrom the series “15 unofficial man-made wonders of the world”
Check on the map: Distance from Saint Petersburg center - 2.8 km.This graceful architectural monument is located on the banks of the Griboyedov Canal. The church is considered one of the most beautiful structures of not only St. Petersburg, but also the country as a whole. The official opening of the cathedral took place in 1907. Its construction took 24 years. Before the start, there was a competition that was attended by the most famous architects of the late 19th century. One of the most difficult stages of finishing was putting the mosaics in. It lasted for 10 years, so the consecration of the temple had been postponed several times. … Read further
The Historic Centre of Saint Petersburg and Related Groups of MonumentsFrom the series “Top 15 UNESCO sites In Europe”
Check on the map: Distance from Saint Petersburg center - 2.9 km.This area is bounded by three points, which are intersections of the river Moika, Fontanka and Neva. The amazing area can be safely called a real open-air museum, because the most magnificent mansions and palaces that were built in the 17th-18th centuries are concentrated there. The Palace Square and one of the most visited museums in the world, the Hermitage, are found there too. Travelers will have an opportunity to visit the Field of Mars and to see the incomparable beauty of the Marble Palace, admire the grandeur of the Mikhailovsky Castle, and enjoy the harmonious view of the Kazan and St. Isaac's Cathedral. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Saint Petersburg and surroundings
Photos of Saint Petersburg
Travelling to Saint Petersburg - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Saint Petersburg. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.