Preparing your trip to Saint Petersburg: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. A heat of the tourist season on Saint Petersburg falls within a period from the middle of may till the end of September as this period features the most favorable weather for trips and excursions. The city is of great interest and of charming beauty in late autumn being a great time to embrace the magnificence of local parks.
2. Sparing tourists are advised to visit the city of Saint Petersburg in winter as in this period local hotels and cultural establishments sufficiently reduce prices for services and offer great discounts for tourists. Despite winter weather being not the most favorable for sightseeing, a major part of cultural establishments and landmarks goes on working to a usual schedule.
3. Planning a visit to Saint Petersburg tourists are recommended to have a pair of comfortable shoes and an umbrella adding comfort to the city visit as it may start raining all of a sudden that is why tourists are recommended not to leave a hotel without an umbrella.
4. The underground is the optimum way to cruise the city as it runs to almost every part of the destination and to any landmark. In summer special day and night buses are cruising the city which routes run along the routes of the underground. A cost of a trip by the bus is about 0.8 USD.
6. The city of Saint Petersburg presents hotels and inns meeting every taste, fancy and budget. The city offers a great number of budgetary hotels and hostels. A perfect alternative to a hotel or a hostel will be renting of dwelling.
7. Tourists limited in time should take a ride by a local tram. A simple trip will turn into an exciting excursion as the route of the local tram runs though numerous significant landmarks.
Saint Petersburg impresses its visitors with a vast choice of gastronomy establishments being of great attraction for tourists. Many restaurants and city cafes features centuries-long … Open
9. In public areas tourists are strongly recommended to keep an eye on their private things and valuables. The valuables should not be kept in pockets. Rucksacks should be carries in hands and not on the back.
10. All the large hotels provide leaflets and city guides for easy and simple city exploration. An excursion route should be planned in advance. In other case tourists are recommended to use service of one of the local tourist information centers.
Preparing your trip to Saint Petersburg: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Saint Petersburg - unique sights
Church of Savior on BloodFrom the series “15 Unofficial Man-Made Wonders of the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Saint Petersburg center - 2.8 km.When the cathedral was finally completed, it was striking not only by its artistic design, but also by advanced technologies. The Church of the Savior on Blood was one of the first all-electric buildings in the city, it was illuminated by 1 700 light bulbs or so. Today, visitors will be able to admire the fine finish of the temple. It includes wonderful mosaics, grand gilded chandeliers, stained-glass windows, and artistic painting. The exhibition of mosaics that can be seen in the walls of the cathedral is one of the largest in Europe. … Read further
The Historic Centre of Saint Petersburg and Related Groups of MonumentsFrom the series “Top 15 Unesco Sites in Europe”
Check on the map: Distance from Saint Petersburg center - 2.9 km.Gardens located in the historic center of St. Petersburg are decorated with antique sculptures and fountains. Area of the historic district is 5.8 thousand hectares. About 4 000 architectural and cultural monuments are represented there. In addition to the Golden Triangle, you can see the Venice of the North, which is another landmark of St. Petersburg. It owes its name to a huge number of canals and bridges. There are about 400 different bridges there. The area was built during the reign of Peter The Great. Even today, his project is considered one of the biggest urban development projects in the world. … Read further
Palace BridgeFrom the series “Unbelievable and Magnificent Bridges and Viaducts”
Check on the map: Distance from Saint Petersburg center - 3.3 km.The hundred-year movement drive of the Schlossbrücke is still unique. The weight of the arches, which it lifts upwards, forms about 700 tons. The design of the motor drive is relatively simple and consists of a system of counterweights and large gears, as well as the powerful motors. The last reconstruction was started because of the frequent breaks in the movement drive. A pretty big break happened in 2009. After the reconstruction, the castle bridge will be safe and charm the guests of the capital of the Russian capital. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Saint Petersburg and surroundings
Photos of Saint Petersburg
Travelling to Saint Petersburg - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Saint Petersburg. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.