Preparing your trip to Saint Petersburg: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. A heat of the tourist season on Saint Petersburg falls within a period from the middle of may till the end of September as this period features the most favorable weather for trips and excursions. The city is of great interest and of charming beauty in late autumn being a great time to embrace the magnificence of local parks.
2. Sparing tourists are advised to visit the city of Saint Petersburg in winter as in this period local hotels and cultural establishments sufficiently reduce prices for services and offer great discounts for tourists. Despite winter weather being not the most favorable for sightseeing, a major part of cultural establishments and landmarks goes on working to a usual schedule.
3. Planning a visit to Saint Petersburg tourists are recommended to have a pair of comfortable shoes and an umbrella adding comfort to the city visit as it may start raining all of a sudden that is why tourists are recommended not to leave a hotel without an umbrella.
4. The underground is the optimum way to cruise the city as it runs to almost every part of the destination and to any landmark. In summer special day and night buses are cruising the city which routes run along the routes of the underground. A cost of a trip by the bus is about 0.8 USD.
6. The city of Saint Petersburg presents hotels and inns meeting every taste, fancy and budget. The city offers a great number of budgetary hotels and hostels. A perfect alternative to a hotel or a hostel will be renting of dwelling.
7. Tourists limited in time should take a ride by a local tram. A simple trip will turn into an exciting excursion as the route of the local tram runs though numerous significant landmarks.
Saint Petersburg impresses its visitors with a vast choice of gastronomy establishments being of great attraction for tourists. Many restaurants and city cafes features centuries-long … Open
9. In public areas tourists are strongly recommended to keep an eye on their private things and valuables. The valuables should not be kept in pockets. Rucksacks should be carries in hands and not on the back.
10. All the large hotels provide leaflets and city guides for easy and simple city exploration. An excursion route should be planned in advance. In other case tourists are recommended to use service of one of the local tourist information centers.
Preparing your trip to Saint Petersburg: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Saint Petersburg - unique sights
The Historic Centre of Saint Petersburg and Related Groups of MonumentsFrom the series “Top 15 UNESCO sites In Europe”
Check on the map: Distance from Saint Petersburg center - 2 km.This area is bounded by three points, which are intersections of the river Moika, Fontanka and Neva. The amazing area can be safely called a real open-air museum, because the most magnificent mansions and palaces that were built in the 17th-18th centuries are concentrated there. The Palace Square and one of the most visited museums in the world, the Hermitage, are found there too. Travelers will have an opportunity to visit the Field of Mars and to see the incomparable beauty of the Marble Palace, admire the grandeur of the Mikhailovsky Castle, and enjoy the harmonious view of the Kazan and St. Isaac's Cathedral. … Read further
Palace BridgeFrom the series “Unbelievable and magnificent bridges and viaducts”
Check on the map: Distance from Saint Petersburg center - 3 km.The length of the drawbridge forms 260 meters, and the width - 27 meters. The observation of the drawbridge is one of the oldest and best 'rituals' for the inhabitants of Saint Petersburg and the city guests. In the evening, the bridge is decorated with the magnificent illumination. 2012 began the great reconstruction of the bridge, which lasted nearly a year. Now the castle bridge is completely safe again, which one could not say before. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Saint Petersburg and surroundings
Photos of Saint Petersburg
Travelling to Saint Petersburg - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Saint Petersburg. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.