Preparing your trip to Rio de Janeiro: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Those travellers, who plan to make taxi rides, will have to learn the names of major streets and landmarks. Local taxi drivers are very poor in understanding English, and so they may simply not understand a customer.
2. During a trip it’s good to remember about the elementary safety measures - valuables and large sums of money should be kept in the safe of your hotel room.
3. While going to a beach, do not take expensive jewelry and other valuable items with you. Under no circumstances leave bags and cameras unattended.
4. It’s better to forget about evening walks in remote areas of the city. The best way to move around the city at night is by car, not by foot.
6. Do not drink tap water; it is also recommended to avoid drinking beverages with ice.
7. The sun in Rio is really hot, so travellers are recommended to use sun protection every day. You can get burnt strongly during a simple walk around the city.
Rio is home to numerous historical monuments. The city features some really unique natural attractions and widest choice of museums and galleries. An excursion to the rock called "Sugar … Open
9. You can see special green tourist buses every day on the streets of the city. They pass all major attractions of Rio and are distinguished by reduced rates for rides comparing to public transport.
Preparing your trip to Rio de Janeiro: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Rio de Janeiro - unique sights
Copacabana BeachFrom the series “Dangerous and treacherous beaches that can be lethal”
Check on the map: Distance from Rio de Janeiro center - 9 km.The beach length is quite large and forms about 4 000 meters. Along the beach there is an incredibly beautiful Avenida Atlantica, with countless cozy restaurants and shops. Today one can hardly imagine that a small fishing village Copacabana was located just a few decades ago on the site of today's giant beach resort. In recent decades, this district has been known not only for its active infrastructure, but also for its crime. … Read further
Christ The RedeemerFrom the series “15 unofficial man-made wonders of the world”
Check on the map: Distance from Rio de Janeiro center - 6 km.The basic building material was concrete. It's noteworthy that the monument is the highest point of the city and its surroundings, so during thunderstorms it often catches lightning. Builders foresaw this nuance few decades ago, so they specially preserved part of the stone from which the statue was erected, to use it for restorations. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Rio de Janeiro and surroundings
Photos of Rio de Janeiro
Travelling to Rio de Janeiro - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Rio de Janeiro. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.