Preparing your trip to Rio de Janeiro: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Those travellers, who plan to make taxi rides, will have to learn the names of major streets and landmarks. Local taxi drivers are very poor in understanding English, and so they may simply not understand a customer.
2. During a trip it’s good to remember about the elementary safety measures - valuables and large sums of money should be kept in the safe of your hotel room.
3. While going to a beach, do not take expensive jewelry and other valuable items with you. Under no circumstances leave bags and cameras unattended.
4. It’s better to forget about evening walks in remote areas of the city. The best way to move around the city at night is by car, not by foot.
6. Do not drink tap water; it is also recommended to avoid drinking beverages with ice.
7. The sun in Rio is really hot, so travellers are recommended to use sun protection every day. You can get burnt strongly during a simple walk around the city.
Rio is home to numerous historical monuments. The city features some really unique natural attractions and widest choice of museums and galleries. An excursion to the rock called "Sugar … Open
9. You can see special green tourist buses every day on the streets of the city. They pass all major attractions of Rio and are distinguished by reduced rates for rides comparing to public transport.
Preparing your trip to Rio de Janeiro: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Rio de Janeiro - unique sights
Etendeka-Parana TrapsFrom the series “Volcanoes and Traps That Changed the Face of the Planet”
Check on the map: Distance from Rio de Janeiro center - 0 km.The magmatic Parana-Etendeka province is considered one of the most complex structures in the world. Many rare mines are found on its territory, which are of great value to researchers. Travelers are attracted to this picturesque area by incredibly beautiful mountain ledges and forests. The stunning scenery and ideal conditions for outdoor activities act as advantages. There is a huge selection of places for walking and cycling. These places attract climbers, which dream about conquering the highest and most dangerous mountain peaks. The vast territory that was once was destroyed by lava flows is incredibly picturesque today. It reminds us about the power of natural forces. … Read further
Rio carnavalFrom the series “Most Enchanting and Vibrant Festivals”
Check on the map: Distance from Rio de Janeiro center - 3.6 km.The holiday program is varied and saturated enough. The King and the Queen of the Carnival are elected every year. Samba schools parade remains the most important event. Splendid dancers in handmade costumes with sparkling rhinestones, thundering music and hundreds of thousands of enthusiastic people. The most popular Carnival of the planet has a mass of original traditions. Making costumes that have to be unique and the construction of huge carts takes a lot of time. Each samba school prepares interesting performances for the party. Lots of interesting entertainment, open air concerts and firework displays as well as different gastronomic events the guests can expect from the Rio Carnival, one of the world’s wildest parties. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Rio de Janeiro and surroundings
Photos of Rio de Janeiro
Travelling to Rio de Janeiro - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Rio de Janeiro. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.