Preparing your trip to Porto: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. A walk along Douro River is one of the best ways to explore the sights of the city. If you plan to stay in the city just for a couple of days, a boat tour on this river will be the best choice for you.
2. Local restaurants and bars often become venues for concerts of well-known musical performers. A visit to a luxurious gastronomic facility can easily replace visiting a concert hall.
3. All best restaurants dedicated to national cuisine can be found in Cais da Ribeira district. There are fairly inexpensive facilities that will be definitely liked by thrifty tourists.
4. The best place to buy gifts and souvenirs are the stores located on Santa Catarina Street. Here you will find widest choice of antique shops and souvenir outlets.
6. In the city is established a system of special passes, which entitle their holders to get a reduced fare in public transport. These are not all bonuses of such passes as tourists can get discounts in numerous cultural institutions. City maps are available for sale in many sports in the city.
7. It’s easy to find newspapers in many different languages in local newsagents, so many tourists can buy their usual newspapers and magazines even when they are away from home.
Travelers, who want to stay in unusual hotels, will like Fontinha House as they will have an opportunity to spend several days in an old stone house, the look of which hasn’t changed … Open
9. The best way to exchange currency is to visit banks or specialized «agência de cámbios» offices. These institutions offer most advantageous rates and charge a minimal fee.
10. Multibanco is the most optimal ATM for foreign tourists. You will find these ATM close to all major government agencies and trading complexes.
Preparing your trip to Porto: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Porto - unique sights
Soaring Umbrellas StreetFrom the series “Top 13 most fantastic and colorful streets and quarters”
Check on the map: Distance from Porto center - 65 km.Soaring Umbrellas Street is home to numerous shops, restaurants and cafes. The place is very popular not only among tourists but also locals. This cozy street is pedestrian. It would be difficult to find the more amazing and unusual place in Agueda. The idea to decorate the city this way belongs to the designers of Sextafeira Producoes company. They managed to turn an ordinary pedestrian street into the bright cloister. Thus, the cost of decorating the street was minimal. … Read further
Santa Catarina StreetFrom the series “Top 13 most fantastic and colorful streets and quarters”
Check on the map: Distance from Porto center - 0 km.The pedestrian street starts near the train station. That's a real pleasure to walk there. Tourists go there in search of unusual gifts, jewelry and apparel. Locals love to relax in local cafes and restaurants where the most popular national food can be tasted. The legendary Café the Majestic serving delicious cakes is situated there. Many shops and restaurants are open until late at night. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Porto and surroundings
Photos of Porto
Travelling to Porto - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Porto. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.