Preparing your trip to Porto: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. A walk along Douro River is one of the best ways to explore the sights of the city. If you plan to stay in the city just for a couple of days, a boat tour on this river will be the best choice for you.
2. Local restaurants and bars often become venues for concerts of well-known musical performers. A visit to a luxurious gastronomic facility can easily replace visiting a concert hall.
3. All best restaurants dedicated to national cuisine can be found in Cais da Ribeira district. There are fairly inexpensive facilities that will be definitely liked by thrifty tourists.
4. The best place to buy gifts and souvenirs are the stores located on Santa Catarina Street. Here you will find widest choice of antique shops and souvenir outlets.
6. In the city is established a system of special passes, which entitle their holders to get a reduced fare in public transport. These are not all bonuses of such passes as tourists can get discounts in numerous cultural institutions. City maps are available for sale in many sports in the city.
7. It’s easy to find newspapers in many different languages in local newsagents, so many tourists can buy their usual newspapers and magazines even when they are away from home.
Fans of luxury will be happy to find many elite hotels in Porto, and each of them surely has an exclusive room that would fit even the most discerning guests. The high class InterContinental … Open
9. The best way to exchange currency is to visit banks or specialized «agência de cámbios» offices. These institutions offer most advantageous rates and charge a minimal fee.
10. Multibanco is the most optimal ATM for foreign tourists. You will find these ATM close to all major government agencies and trading complexes.
Preparing your trip to Porto: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Porto - unique sights
Stone HouseFrom the series “The most bizarre and fancy living houses”
Check on the map: Distance from Porto center - 49 km.The hikers can see the unique stone house in Portugal. In contrast to millions of other houses, it was not built 'out', but 'in' the stone. The house is located in the picturesque mountain area, not far from Fafe city and was still built in 1974. The huge stone has excited the attention of the resourceful construction workers more than forty years ago. They decided to save the money for the building materials chiseling out the rooms in the stone. The realization of the original project has required a lot of time and energy. … Read further
Santa Catarina StreetFrom the series “Top 13 most fantastic and colorful streets and quarters”
Check on the map: Distance from Porto center - 0 km.There is a street in Porto that is worth attention of the most experienced and discerning travelers. It's called Santa Catarina. The main feature of this historic street are beautiful buildings decorated with traditional white and blue tiles, azulejos. Buildings with a unique finish looks simply fascinating. Their facades are reminiscent of the best works of art. Santa Catarina Street is considered a commercial heart of the city; the most amazing shops and souvenir stalls are concentrated there. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Porto and surroundings
Photos of Porto
Travelling to Porto - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Porto. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.