Preparing your trip to Porto: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. A walk along Douro River is one of the best ways to explore the sights of the city. If you plan to stay in the city just for a couple of days, a boat tour on this river will be the best choice for you.
2. Local restaurants and bars often become venues for concerts of well-known musical performers. A visit to a luxurious gastronomic facility can easily replace visiting a concert hall.
3. All best restaurants dedicated to national cuisine can be found in Cais da Ribeira district. There are fairly inexpensive facilities that will be definitely liked by thrifty tourists.
4. The best place to buy gifts and souvenirs are the stores located on Santa Catarina Street. Here you will find widest choice of antique shops and souvenir outlets.
6. In the city is established a system of special passes, which entitle their holders to get a reduced fare in public transport. These are not all bonuses of such passes as tourists can get discounts in numerous cultural institutions. City maps are available for sale in many sports in the city.
7. It’s easy to find newspapers in many different languages in local newsagents, so many tourists can buy their usual newspapers and magazines even when they are away from home.
Your active city break in Porto. Attractions, recreation and entertainment - best places to spend your day and night here
Visiting the nightclub will be the most logical conclusion after tasting the port wine in Porto. If you are looking for incendiary motives of African music, visit the Number One nightclub. … Open
9. The best way to exchange currency is to visit banks or specialized «agência de cámbios» offices. These institutions offer most advantageous rates and charge a minimal fee.
10. Multibanco is the most optimal ATM for foreign tourists. You will find these ATM close to all major government agencies and trading complexes.
Preparing your trip to Porto: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Porto - unique sights
Soaring Umbrellas StreetFrom the series “Top 13 most fantastic and colorful streets and quarters”
Check on the map: Distance from Porto center - 65.5 km.Amazing outdoor installation can be seen in the Portuguese town of Agueda. Every year, for a few weeks, the central streets of the city are decorated with a special art installation. Colorful umbrellas are its main component. The most colorful and unique items are used to decorate the street. Parasols are opened and hung using specially strung ropes. In a sunny day, bright umbrellas make quirky colorful glare showing on the street and buildings. This decoration also creates a pleasant shade on the street, which is difficult to overestimate in a hot summer day. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Porto and surroundings
Photos of Porto
Travelling to Porto - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Porto. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.