Travelers are not recommended to rent a car, because driving through the streets of the city may be very difficult due to heavy traffic jams.
2. Subway is the best way to move around the city. Tourists also have an opportunity to rent a bike.
3. Local markets are simply the best destination for buying food. The prices here are much lower and the quality and the selection of goods simply cannot be compared even with large chains of supermarkets.
Parisians have always been distinguished by gallantry and enthusiasm. They are very generous and trusting. At the same time, many tourists notice such features of local people as cunning and...
Guests are recommended to buy the so called "city card", which gives you the right for a reduced fare on public transport. Cardholders can also get some discounts on visiting some cultural attractions.
Any sale of alcoholic beverages is prohibited after 22:00 in large shopping complexes. However, this rule does not apply to smaller shops.
The majority of night entertainments are open until 7 a.m., but the sale of alcohol is permitted only until 5:30 a.m.
The best time to visit Paris is from March to June. At this time of the year the city is always full of tourists, so all hotel bookings should be made in advance.
Currency should be exchanged only in special places and banks, otherwise there is a risk of becoming a victim of a fraud.
9. The majority of public agencies work from 9:00 to 17:00; the lunch begins at 13:00 and no more than an hour and a half.
10. Do not walk in the city wearing sports clothing or an excessively bright outfit. Classic style will be the best choice.
11. Pedestrians, as well as motorists, should not forget to follow traffic rules. If you break them, the fine for violation can be very high.
12. The locals are always happy to help tourists and to answer their questions. Basic rules of politeness are the only thing to remember when dealing with Parisians.
This article about Paris is under a copyright of the orangesmile.com editorial team, and can only be re-used with a direct link to www.orangesmile.com