Preparing your trip to Paris: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Travelers are not recommended to rent a car, because driving through the streets of the city may be very difficult due to heavy traffic jams.
2. Subway is the best way to move around the city. Tourists also have an opportunity to rent a bike.
3. Local markets are simply the best destination for buying food. The prices here are much lower and the quality and the selection of goods simply cannot be compared even with large chains of supermarkets.
4. Guests are recommended to buy the so called "city card", which gives you the right for a reduced fare on public transport. Cardholders can also get some discounts on visiting some cultural attractions.
6. The majority of night entertainments are open until 7 a.m., but the sale of alcohol is permitted only until 5:30 a.m.
7. The best time to visit Paris is from March to June. At this time of the year the city is always full of tourists, so all hotel bookings should be made in advance.
Parisians have always been distinguished by gallantry and enthusiasm. They are very generous and trusting. At the same time, many tourists notice such features of local people as cunning and … Open
9. The majority of public agencies work from 9:00 to 17:00; the lunch begins at 13:00 and no more than an hour and a half.
10. Do not walk in the city wearing sports clothing or an excessively bright outfit. Classic style will be the best choice.
11. Pedestrians, as well as motorists, should not forget to follow traffic rules. If you break them, the fine for violation can be very high.
12. The locals are always happy to help tourists and to answer their questions. Basic rules of politeness are the only thing to remember when dealing with Parisians.
Preparing your trip to Paris: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Paris - unique sights
Notre-Dame de ParisFrom the series “The most iconic temples in the world”
Check on the map: Distance from Paris center - 0.4 km.The unique Catholic cathedral appears in dozens of documentary and feature films. The musical Notre-Dame de Paris, whose first Verion was released in 1998, made the cathedral more known all over the world. Each year, more than 14 million people visit the cathedral, whose strict form, the harmony of the colorful stained glass windows and the unique religious relics. Since 1238, the sleigh wreath Jesus Christ has been preserved in the cathedral. The history of his delivery to France from Jerusalem is incredibly interesting. Another unique value of the cathedral is the ancient organ, which was set up in 1402. … Read further
Hydraulic lift in LouvreFrom the series “Top 16 most exotic elevators and lifts in the world”
Check on the map: Distance from Paris center - 0.9 km.The futuristic elevator runs very quietly and absolutely quietly. The elevator can accommodate up to ten people. Thanks to the open elevator construction, you can visit the museum sheds during the journey. The elevator in Louvre is considered one of the most futuristic and unusual in the world. … Read further
Maison de Victor HugoFrom the series “Houses of famous people and stars currently open to tourists”
Check on the map: Distance from Paris center - 1.4 km.The old apartments are not only for the followers of Victor Hugo's work, but also for all tourists who are interested in culture of the past. The variety of the old crockery and the beautiful porcelainware, the magnificent furniture with painting and carving, the numerous works of art and a large library open to the reader - the museum is aimed at the general public. Particularly interesting is the Chinese-style reception room. The old museum also has a mystical peculiarity. Many people who visit it find a strange haze in the photos they hold for the ghosts. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Paris and surroundings
Photos of Paris
Travelling to Paris - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Paris. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.