Preparing your trip to New Delhi: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The hottest season of the year in New Delhi lasts from the beginning of April till the end of October, and the most rainy months of the year are considered to be July and August. During this “wet” period a touring program can be interrupted with unfavorable weather conditions. That’s why tourists, who opt for lots of excursions and tours, should choose another period of time for visiting New Delhi. The most favorable season for visiting this tourist destination lasts from February till April.
2. One of the cheapest and optimum means of public transportation is underground. On buying a ticket one should keep in mind that the ticket is valid only within one station that is why there is no need to buy few tickets in advance.
3. Prudent tourists should get a special tourist card which gives a right for a day or three of free using of underground. A cost of such a card is 100 and 250 rupiah correspondingly.
4. The best alternative to underground is a bus however cruising the city by bus is not as comfortable as by underground. As a rule buses run at 20 minute intervals. One of the main disadvantages of the traveling by bus is lack of signs enumerating bus routes passing there on bus stops.
6. This fact considers local taxi services as well that is why tourists should specify and compare the rates for a trip and try to negotiate the cost. If a driver is obviously skyrocketing the cost of a trip and denies any bargaining tourists should look for another taxi car as they can be sure that it will not take more than five minutes.
7. City guests should be ultimately cautious with choosing local cuisine treats. One should not eat too much of treats sold in the streets as these can be bought only in checked and proven street stalls. One can easily distinguish popular stalls from those serving low quality dishes as the latter rarely have long queues near them.
One of the main merits of the crowded and buzzing city of New Delhi is a rich choice of restaurants and bars. Visiting of the brightest gastronomy destinations to learn major culinary … Open
9. Tourists should avoid obsessive help and assistance offered by local people. Any offer to guide to a popular market place or a spot of tourist interest should better be denied.
Preparing your trip to New Delhi: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in New Delhi - unique sights
Lotus TempleFrom the series “The Most Iconic Temples in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from New Delhi center - 9.7 km.The central hall of the temple is round. Its diameter is 75 meters. There are 1 300 people in the hall whose ceiling height is 31 meters. Inside the temple there are no paintings and frescoes. In the opinion of the creators, no superfluous ornaments should distract the faithful from prayers. Every day thousands of people visit the temple. On the important Buddhist holidays, the number of visitors can form 150,000 people per day. Since the opening and the present, more than 50 million people from all over the world have visited the Lotus Temple. … Read further
Delhi PillarFrom the series “The Most Mysterious Constructions of the Planet”
Check on the map: Distance from New Delhi center - 12.8 km.The locals consider the Iron Column as a real miracle and believe in their magical power. Many claim that after the contact of the column many diseases are healed and the realization of desires can be reckoned with. The height of the giant iron column is 7 meters, its approximate weight is about 6.5 tons. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in New Delhi and surroundings
Photos of New Delhi
Travelling to New Delhi - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in New Delhi. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.