Preparing your trip to Mykonos City: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The only means of public transport available on the island is a bus which routes cover almost the entire territory of Mykonos. However in evening buses are not convenient for trips as the intervals between routes are considerable and one will need to wait rather long.
2. Between the islands tourists can migrate by scooters or small Turkish boats named kaiki. These can be rented almost on every beach, the cost of transportation service is rather high.
3. The island lacks taxis as well. In evening one can wait for a called by phone car for hours and catching a free car in the street is totally impossible. Tourists are recommended to think over the touring and entertainment plan in advance and in the evenings tourists should better set to the entertaining centers and restaurants which are set close to the hotel they stopped in.
4. The most favorable season for beach recreation is considered to be the period from the middle of spring till the middle of autumn. Tourists looking for numerous tours and excursions should avoid visiting Mykonos in summer as the extreme heat will sufficiently edit the plans for cultural education.
6. Banks and other governmental institutions work each day n weekdays from 8 am till 2 or 3 pm. A shortened working day is considered to be Friday as the establishments can close an hour earlier than usual.
7. Restaurants, taxis and hotels welcome tips. In restaurant a 10% addition to the total sum of the order will be quite enough, the same cash reward will be waited by taxi drivers. Hair stylists and hotel maids will be enough 1 Euro reward.
Your active city break in Mykonos City. Attractions, recreation and entertainment - best places to spend your day and night here
Mykonos is considered to be one of the most prestigious and expensive resorts of Greece. It attracts beach recreation fans as well as night clubs enthusiasts and haute cuisine admirers. … Open
9. Central and crowded areas of the island are safe for late night hiking meanwhile remote areas should not be visited alone. Exploration of the distant areas of the island should be accompanied by a guide and excursion group.
Preparing your trip to Mykonos City: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
Greece: travelling advices11. It’s not accepted to shake hands with each other. The handshake can only be part of an acquaintance. In other cases, men and women kiss each other in the cheek twice.
12.The Greeks are characterized by non-punctuality. They may be late even for a business meeting.
13.Negotiate on the cost of a taxi ride in advance. Otherwise, a taxi driver will be able to cheat, greatly inflating the price.
14. Greece has a tax free system, which allows you to refund the tax on purchases. However, it does not apply to the purchase of fur items. During the daytime, life is very calm here. On the contrary, you can even get into a traffic jam on the main streets at night. Cities feature a huge number of nightclubs that open after 11-12 pm. … Open
Photos of Mykonos City
Travelling to Mykonos City - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Mykonos City. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.