Preparing your trip to Monte Carlo: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Tourists are better not to travel in autumn. It’s raining heavily on this time of a year, so weather can disrupt the excursion seriously.
2. The majority of tourists visit the resort during the period from April to September, so if you plan to come here on this period, you should take care of bookings beforehand.
3. Travelers are advised to avoid drinking tap water. It is not dangerous for health, but it may negatively affect your well-being during the period of acclimatization.
4. Tips in the local restaurants are usually 10 - 15% of the total bill. As a rule, in large establishments tips are automatically included in the bill.
6. Casinos of Monte Carlo are simply stunning, so not only fans of gaming, but also art lovers are recommended to visit them. Its halls are decorated with beautiful frescoes and sculptures, which are certainly worth to be seen by all guests of the city.
7. Only persons aged 21 years and older can attend casinos. Young people should take a passport in order to avoid misunderstandings.
The beautiful Palace Square and the princely palace located on it remain one of the main attractions of Monte Carlo. Every day thousands of tourists gather on the square to watch the … Open
9. Shopping fans should visit «degriffes» shops. They sell branded clothing of past seasons, which has not been sold-out in major shopping complexes. Despite the fact that the products sold here usually do not match latest fashion trends, the quality of clothes deserves the highest praise.
10. While going to a prestigious restaurant, you should choose the right outfit. Sloppily or too informally dressed visitors may be considered rude and uneducated.
Preparing your trip to Monte Carlo: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Monte Carlo - unique sights
Promenade de la CroisetteFrom the series “The Most Beautiful Waterfronts and Embankments”
Check on the map: Distance from Monte Carlo center - 37.6 km.The building of the promenade has begun at the second part of the nineteenth century by the head of the city’s order. At that time there was built a beautiful street, that was named the Impératrice Street. Along the promenade the most luxurious building in the city was concentrated. After the Second World War some buildings were ruined and needed to be rebuilt, some were saved and now stay at the promenade. Along the promenade you will see several elite beaches. Sand for them was specially brought from the southern countries. Nowadays everyone can visit them. The only thing you have to do is to pay for it. … Read further
Col de TuriniFrom the series “Most Spectacular Mountain Roads”
Check on the map: Distance from Monte Carlo center - 27.3 km.The road is considered to be extremely dangerous because of the abundance of sharp turns and relatively small width, however, for many years it remains one of the most interesting ways in the world. During the trip, travellers have an opportunity to admire the most beautiful canyons and gorges, interesting bridges and mountain scenery. Experienced motorists recommend to use the road at a speed not exceeding 30 km / h. The most dangerous sections of the route are those with hairpin bends and up to 180 degrees. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Monte Carlo and surroundings
Photos of Monte Carlo
Travelling to Monte Carlo - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Monte Carlo. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.