Preparing your trip to Mexico City: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Tourists are advised to keep all valuables in special vaults, which are usually installed in each room. Unfortunately, theft in Mexico blooms not only on the streets, but also in hotels.
2. When you plan to make a walk, you should not take many valuable things and large sums of money with you. Always pay close attention to your bags and suitcases, especially in crowded places.
3. In any case do not drink tap water. It is best to buy drinking water in stores.
4. Taxi drivers, who are not registered in official organizations, overrate their rates significantly. If you want to use a taxi to make a ride in the city, it’s better to call it in advance, rather than trying to catch a taxi on the street.
6. Car rental is available for people aged 25 or older. When you rent a car, it’s necessary to have an international driver's license, and your driving experience should be at least one year.
7. Parking a car is allowed on specially designated areas only. Parking in the wrong place can result to a penalty – quite a large fee.
Local residents are talented and friendly people. These are great musicians, dancers and acrobats. Without a doubt, we can say that every native resident certainly has some talent. They are … Open
9. When you need to exchange currency, the best place to do it are the specialized locations - «casas de cambio» - which offer most favorable rates and charge a minimal fee.
10. Many government offices and shops do not work on Sunday, and Saturday is considered a short working day.
11. Large restaurants, shopping centers and hotels accept credit cards. In many restaurants and shopping centers you can pay in U.S. dollars.
12. The amount of tips in local restaurants estimates 10 - 15%. It is also recommended to leave small cash reward to hotel workers, taxi drivers and tour guides.
13. Those, who plan to travel on city’s suburbs by car, are recommended to use paid highways as they are more secure.
Preparing your trip to Mexico City: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Mexico City - unique sights
Eskamoles Ant Eggs in Mexico RestaurantsFrom the series “The Most Disgusting Dishes in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Mexico City center - 1.1 km.Locals call this delicacy the ant’s caviar. At the beginning of summer, it can be purchased at many Mexican markets. Some ant eggs are frozen, so in course of the year they can be bought in supermarkets. You can eat escamoles both raw and roasted. After been fried, eggs gain the texture of a cottage cheese. The taste of food is quite nice and a bit like butter with a delicate nutty flavor. It’s also worth noting that ant eggs turn to be a very health-keeping dish. They help strengthening the immune system. Ant eggs have high antioxidant effect and allow you to stay young for longer. … Read further
CalakmulFrom the series “Top 16 Most Amazing Buildings of the Planet”
Check on the map: Distance from Mexico City center - 10.5 km.The washing machine building is a location of the modern offices and the excellently furnished apartments. The high-rise was equipped with the ultramodern supply systems, which are fully automated. The Calakmul skyscraper is worth seeing for all the tourists who are interested in modern technology and are looking forward to seeing the unusual sights in the excursion program. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Mexico City and surroundings
Photos of Mexico City
Travelling to Mexico City - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Mexico City. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.