Preparing your trip to Mestre: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The city center of Mestre is convenient for on foot exploration as all the significant landmarks and entertaining centers are located in close vicinity to each other. Drivers will appreciate numerous free parking lots. Mestre features lower prices than Venice.
2. Local people give preference to bicycle as the main transport means. Many rental centers offer bicycles for rent. No additional documents are needed to do this. To rent a bicycle one should have enough cash to cover the rental cost.
3. The optimum way to reach Venice is a high speed train departing from the train station 3-4 times per hour. The cost of the trip does not exceed 5 Euro. The trip takes maximum 15minutes. One may reach Venice by bus or by ferry, however the speed train is the fastest and the most cost effective way of intercity travelling.
4. Mestre features a great choice of attractive inexpensive hotels so even prudent tourists can choose a place to stop and live near the city center – the check in cost will be rather affordable. Many tourists looking to visit Venice opt for Mestre hotels and just pay visits to other cities.
6. Restaurants and cafes welcome tips the amount of which depends on the class and level of the establishment. In restaurants tips commonly equal to 10-15% of the total sum of the bill. And in small cafes and pizza restaurants visitors may round up the total of the order to any desired sum.
7. Tourists are recommended to go shopping on weekdays in the morning as evenings are commonly rather crowded in the shopping center. Almost each shopping center accepts international credit cards. That is why one can avoid keeping substantial sums of cash by oneself.
Mestre is known not only for upscale gastronomy establishments but for small family owned restaurants and cafes which serve excellent dishes of ethnic cuisine. Walking through the Piazza … Open
Preparing your trip to Mestre: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Mestre - unique sights
PasubioFrom the series “Most spectacular mountain roads”
Check on the map: Distance from Mestre center - 56 km.Those enthusiasts who are not afraid of difficult roads and planning to visit Italy should definitely go for a ride on the mountain serpentine Pasubio. The road lies in the mountainous region of Vicenza, it is very narrow and slippery that’s why not all the locals prefer to drive on it by car. To start a journey around the track on a massive SUV is meaningless as it is impossible to overcome the sharp turns, especially the narrow parts of the road. A significant part of the transport stream are motorcycles and bicycles. Too many dangers lurk drivers of two-wheeled transport on the road. … Read further
BuranoFrom the series “The most magical and picturesque cities in the world”
Check on the map: Distance from Mestre center - 13 km.In the Venetian lagoon is an amazing Burano island, which is usually regarded as a single tourist attraction. The main feature of the islet, the whole territory of which is cut by canals, are colorful houses of local residents. Known for its unique architecture, the city hides many secrets, so, until now, the history of the appearance of its name is considered unknown. According to one of the versions, the city on the island was founded by a family named Buriano, from which eventually the name of the settlement occurred. … Read further
Photos of Mestre
Travelling to Mestre - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Mestre. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.