Preparing your trip to Medellin: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Tourists visiting the city of Medellin for the first time are strongly recommended to explore its territory being only accompanied by city guide. Only central streets are safe for alone exploration meanwhile the remote districts should better be visited with a guide or a company of fellow tourists.
Setting off to the next tour over the city one should be backed up with an attested passport copy and a hotel card as these documents will help easily solve any problems with the identity. Documents and valuables are recommended to be kept in safe in the hotel room.
3. The city of Medellin features a developed public system of transportation. Bus is an optimum way to reach any of the desired districts. However at evenings one should avoid traveling by public transport. The best evening and night means of transportation is taxi which should only be called by phone.
Services and purchases are better paid in local currency as in this case one gets the most profitable deals. One should avoid individual services in currency exchange as in this case the risks are high to get counterfeit bills.
6. Tips are obligatory in restaurants. Adding up to 10% to the total sum of the bill will be quite enough. The same reward should be given to a taxi driver meanwhile hotel maids are commonly rewarded with 0.5 – 1 dollar tips.
7. Setting off to the local shops and markets for shopping one should not forget to bargain. In most cases bargaining helps to reduce the price up to 15 – 20% of the initial price, however, if a merchant likes a visitor the discounts may grow bigger.
Medellin is the second-largest city of Colombia. Long ago this place has become very popular among travelers who are ready to enjoy the beauty of the city at the fullest. The city has … Open
9. One of the most convenient ways to explore the city is to cruise it in one’s own vehicle. To rent a car one needs to visit any of the available car rental centers. For car renting one will need a standard set of documents and a credit card for covering the rental cost. Drivers should keep in mind that during city traveling one must not get involved into car sharing and take strangers into the car as well as park in isolated places.
Preparing your trip to Medellin: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Medellin - unique sights
Penon de GuatapeFrom the series “Best Extreme Places on Earth for Thrill Lovers”
Check on the map: Distance from Medellin center - 41.7 km.The tourists who want to visit this remarkable sight can climb up the rocky summit and appreciate the beautiful panorama of the surroundings. On one of the monolith slopes was the zigzag wooden staircase, which contains 644 steps. The ascent to it is really breathtaking - you should rather not look down. The narrow creaking steps, the low railing and the giant height - this place is as found for extreme hikers. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Medellin and surroundings
Photos of Medellin
Travelling to Medellin - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Medellin. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.