Preparing your trip to Marmaris: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The heat of the tourist season is considered to be summer months. During this period the resort features heavy touristic traffic. Those looking for much hiking and numerous sightseeing tours should better visit Marmaris in spring or autumn as summer period features extreme heat not favorable for such activities.
2. Shop-a-holics should pay special attention to leather and ooze leather goods as these feature excellent quality. Imitation jewelry made of bronze and copper as well as precious metal wares are of immense popularity. At craft workshops one may order clothes creation and buy unique souvenirs.
3. Meanwhile clothes and souvenirs should better be bought at open markets then jewelry is recommended to be hunted in specialized stores, as at the markets inexperienced tourists may buy the wares of low quality or imitation jewelry at a rather high price.
4. Setting off to the market one should be backed up with enough change. The matter is that many merchants intentionally perform a scene of change lack to put up the price. The high denomination notes are accepted rather unwillingly and some merchants may even decline such notes.
6. Despite the fact that tap water is considered to be harmless foreign tourists are not recommended to drink it as the water may sufficiently worsen the process of acclimation. The optimum water for consumption for tourists is bottled water which is sold in any grocery store and super market.
7. For the same reason tourists should avoid refreshing drinks with ice. Before ordering a drink one should get assured that the water for refreshing drinks and cocktails as well as for the ice is filtered and cleaned.
Rug making is a widely known ethnic craft which is rather illustrative of ethnic peculiarity of local people. The so called rug making craft appeared many centuries ago. Today the handmade … Open
9. Public transport is presented with buses and fixed route taxi buses. Another available city transport is traditional taxi. Before a trip one should specify the service rates and the cost of the trip. In this case bargaining is welcome.
Preparing your trip to Marmaris: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Marmaris - unique sights
The Colossus of RhodesFrom the series “Seven Wonders of the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Marmaris center - 44.5 km.The labor of the best sculptors of the antiquity resulted in the 36-meter statue of Helios. Masters have worked for 12 years to build it. The Colossus of Rhodes was one of the most grandiose and majestic statues of the ancient world. However, the city was decorated with a statue for less than 50 years. A huge statue with bronze finish was severely damaged during the next earthquake and fell into the sea, where it was abandoned for nearly 1 000 years. In 997 year, it was decided to raise the statue. Then bronze melted down and was sold. According to historical documents, it was necessary to transport bronze by the caravan of 900 camels. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Marmaris and surroundings
Photos of Marmaris
Travelling to Marmaris - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Marmaris. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.