Preparing your trip to London: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The majority of shops are closed no later than on 18:00. Only large shopping complexes work on weekends. Weekday morning is the best time for shopping.
2. While going for a walk, do not take much money and valuables with you. On the streets of the city it is recommended to avoid large crowds of people as these are the most favorable places for pickpockets. Camcorders and cameras are best to be worn on a strap over your shoulder or fastened to your belt.
3. Buses remain the most accessible way of getting around the city as taxis in London are quite expensive.
4. Most restaurants include tips in the total bill. As a rule, the tips here range from 10 to 15%. Leaving tips in pubs is not common.
6. Local residents are distinguished by politeness and restraint, so visitors need to reciprocate any sign of attention. In the stores you show greet the seller; make sure you hold the doors when entering or leaving the premises, and if someone helps you, you certainly need to thank.
7. Londoners are very fond of pets, so in any case you should not demonstrate your aversion to cats or dogs publicly.
London has prepared many surprises for its young guests, so families will not have to search interesting places to visit. Many travelers prefer to start the observation of the city with a … Open
9. Travelers, who go on vacation with their families, should remember about the possibility to getting attractive discounts. During visits to museums and various cultural activities, travellers are offered to purchase special "family tickets", which can save from 25 to 50% of the full value.
Preparing your trip to London: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in London - unique sights
Elevator Without BottomFrom the series “Top 16 most exotic elevators and lifts in the world”
Check on the map: Distance from London center - 6 km.Against all expectation of the manufacturers proved the elevator without floor as a mostly breathtaking and realistic attraction. A ride with this elevator will have a real mutilation test for people who have claustrophobia or fear of darkness and altitude. Since the opening, the unusual elevator has been one of the most attractive features of the London shopping center. Many tourists visit it especially to make the unusual photos in the elevator. From the outside, the elevator looks quite ordinary, making illusion even more unexpected and impressive. … Read further
Rolling BridgeFrom the series “The most unusual and strange bridges on Earth”
Check on the map: Distance from London center - 4 km.The rolled bridge was opened in 2004. The design of the bridge was developed by the well-known British designer Thomas Heatherwick. The original high-tech bridge also has some deficiency. It is not safe against strong gusts of wind. If the wind speed exceeds 30 mph, the bridge can not be rolled up. … Read further
Wembley StadiumFrom the series “Top 14 sport stadiums with impressive design”
Check on the map: Distance from London center - 12 km.In good and warm weather the roof over the stadium is usually rolled up. If it rains, the guests of the stadium will not worry. You can enjoy the game in a comfortable atmosphere as the roof protects you against bad weather. Since opening, the London stadium has been used for football and rugby matches. On this stadium the team of England plays their home games. The matches are part of the UEFA league. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in London and surroundings
Photos of London
Travelling to London - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in London. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.