Preparing your trip to London: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The majority of shops are closed no later than on 18:00. Only large shopping complexes work on weekends. Weekday morning is the best time for shopping.
2. While going for a walk, do not take much money and valuables with you. On the streets of the city it is recommended to avoid large crowds of people as these are the most favorable places for pickpockets. Camcorders and cameras are best to be worn on a strap over your shoulder or fastened to your belt.
3. Buses remain the most accessible way of getting around the city as taxis in London are quite expensive.
4. Most restaurants include tips in the total bill. As a rule, the tips here range from 10 to 15%. Leaving tips in pubs is not common.
6. Local residents are distinguished by politeness and restraint, so visitors need to reciprocate any sign of attention. In the stores you show greet the seller; make sure you hold the doors when entering or leaving the premises, and if someone helps you, you certainly need to thank.
7. Londoners are very fond of pets, so in any case you should not demonstrate your aversion to cats or dogs publicly.
Oxford Street remains the main shopping street in London. For many years, it has been the biggest and the most loaded trading street in Europe. The number of shops located there is hard to … Open
9. Travelers, who go on vacation with their families, should remember about the possibility to getting attractive discounts. During visits to museums and various cultural activities, travellers are offered to purchase special "family tickets", which can save from 25 to 50% of the full value.
Preparing your trip to London: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in London - unique sights
Passive House The MuseFrom the series “Top 16 most unusual and original parks and gardens”
Check on the map: Distance from London center - 7.1 km.Thus, Bere Architects was able to prove that even in large metropolitan areas, you can build a unique passive house that will be attractive not only for comfortable living conditions and low cost, but for making the city green. In addition to live plants, the roof of The Muse can boast with solar panels, which almost completely cover residence’s needs for electricity. In the midth of exotic plants, benches and equipped picnic areas are set. Residents of the unique London house have an opportunity to rest alfresco every day. They just need to climb onto the roof for that. … Read further
Freud Museum in LondonFrom the series “Houses of famous people and stars currently open to tourists”
Check on the map: Distance from London center - 6.9 km.The old stone slabs with unusual hieroglyphs, the stoneware and ceramics, the shards of the tools of primitive man and the collection of the beautiful old jars - the antiques collected by the excellent doctor form a truly unique collection. The museum was opened 4 years after the death of its last owner, Since then, the furnishings in the house remain invariable. The old garden next to the house, for which the doctor and his daughter personally catered, is equally worth seeing. In the garden are growing the rare varieties of roses and forest, as well as the wonderful almond and plum trees. … Read further
Elevator Without BottomFrom the series “Top 16 most exotic elevators and lifts in the world”
Check on the map: Distance from London center - 6.2 km.Against all expectation of the manufacturers proved the elevator without floor as a mostly breathtaking and realistic attraction. A ride with this elevator will have a real mutilation test for people who have claustrophobia or fear of darkness and altitude. Since the opening, the unusual elevator has been one of the most attractive features of the London shopping center. Many tourists visit it especially to make the unusual photos in the elevator. From the outside, the elevator looks quite ordinary, making illusion even more unexpected and impressive. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in London and surroundings
Photos of London
Travelling to London - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in London. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.