Preparing your trip to Ljubljana: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The hottest tourist season for visiting Ljubljana is July and August as the temperature of the seasons oscillates within +23 – 25 C featuring rare rains. The season of rains is considered to be June. The visit to the city and its touring may get interrupted by steady rains.
2. Currency exchange can be executed in private currency exchange offices, as well as in banks and post offices. The most profitable rates of currency exchange are offered in the offices located in close vicinity to railway station as the exchange fee is not charged there. The bank institutions may charge up to 1% of the total exchange sum for transaction. In the post offices the commission may reach up to 5%.
3. The city has adopted the cashless transfer system. The large restaurants, banks and filling stations accept international credit cards. One will need cash for local market places as well as for small budgetary cafes and restaurants.
4. The city is highly recommended to be cruised on foot as in such a way one will have a chance to visit all the significant landmarks and sights of the place and fully embrace the beauty and majesty of Ljubljana. The drivers should take into account that cars are not allowed in some parts of the city.
6. Traditionally the tips of 10% of total order sum are given in the restaurants and cafes featuring excellent service. Despite of this procedure to be not obligatory the tipping is considered to be good style.
7. International and inter city calls should better be made from street call boxes which accept as token coins so cards (in case of token coins the call box will have the “A” marking meanwhile in case of cards the call box will have “K” marking). One can buy token coins and cards at post offices and news stalls.
Your active city break in Ljubljana. Attractions, recreation and entertainment - best places to spend your day and night here
Ljubljana will entertain its guests not only with plenty of exciting tour destinations and landmarks, but with a vast choice of entertaining establishments. The fans of sports and active … Open
Preparing your trip to Ljubljana: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Ljubljana - unique sights
Ljubljanica WaterfrontFrom the series “The Most Beautiful Waterfronts and Embankments”
Check on the map: Distance from Ljubljana center - 1 km.After an excursion you can relax in the restaurants located near the embankment. Just in these restaurants, you have the chance to try the best national dishes. Fans of shopping and gourmands will spend a great time, especially at weekends. For several years every Saturday there opens the market near the Triple Bridge. There you can buy popular national food, souvenirs and a lot of other original things. On Sundays there works the antiquary market. When it is warm there are a lot of walking boats on the river. Such entertainment will make your leisure time various. … Read further
Predjamski GradFrom the series “The Most Inaccessible Buildings in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Ljubljana center - 40.1 km.For many years, the castle has served as a place of introduction for many interesting historical holidays. The tournaments and banquets are held here. One of the main festivals is devoted to Erasim Yamsky, one of the Burgherren. The castle can only be visited in the period from May to September. All excursions are accompanied by speleologists. The upper course consists of a series of impenetrable groves and mountain caves, which serve as a habitat for colony of bats. Because of these small inhabitants, the castle remains closed for visitors in the winter. When it gets cold, the bats go into winter sleep and it is forbidden to walk in the caves and disturb them. … Read further
Photos of Ljubljana
Travelling to Ljubljana - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Ljubljana. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.