Preparing your trip to Livorno: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Many tourists are used maps and guidebooks freely available at railway stations. There is no such service at the Livorno station, here you can find a few stalls selling guidebooks and maps.
2. Livorno is a large port city, so besides plane and train, you can also get here by ship. There is no airport near the city, the nearest ones are located in the vicinity of Florence and Pisa.
3. Active tourists should consider renting a private car. On the outskirts of the city, there are many interesting sights, which are not always easy to reach by public transport.
4. Ferries depart from Livorno to the islands of the Tuscan archipelago regularly. Everyone interested can go on an excursion to Corsica, Sardinia or Sicily.
6. Locals love their native language and are very reluctant to communicate in foreign languages. To show respect and come to mutual understanding, it is worth learning a few simple phrases in Italian.
7. In addition to tourist-oriented restaurants, the city has many cozy taverns, which are mainly visited by locals. Offering affordable prices, the variety of dishes is sometimes even greater here than in restaurants.
Gourmets will definitely not be bored in Livorno, as the city is famous for its rich gastronomic traditions and a variety of restaurants. In search of local delicacies, be sure to check … Open
9. Thrifty tourists should definitely pay attention to local bakeries and pizzerias. Here you can always buy fresh pastries at very affordable prices.
10. The city has a lot of grocery markets and modern supermarkets where you can buy all the necessary products at reasonable prices. For seafood delicacies and dairy products, go to the market.
11. It'd be interesting to visit Livorno not only in the summer but also on Christmas holidays. Interesting holiday programs are organized here for tourists. Last but not least, grandiose sales are always held in stores before the New Year.
12. Beach lovers should pay special attention to beaches located near the city. It shouldn't be a problem to get there, all the more so they are among the most comfortable in the region.
13. The most expensive and prestigious hotels are located near the coast and in the port area. Away from the waterfront, you can find much more affordable ones.
14. A common mode of transport in Livorno is the bicycle for which special cycle paths are equipped in many areas. Tourists can use the services of bike rental agencies.
15. The main tourist center of the city is on Piazza Grande. Here you can find out about all the available excursions, buy tickets to museums and theaters, as well as join a city tour.
Preparing your trip to Livorno: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Livorno - unique sights
Piazza dei MiracoliFrom the series “16 Most Fascinating Objects of Unesco in Italy”
Check on the map: Distance from Livorno center - 20.3 km.Another significant place is the Campo Santo, also known as Camposanto Monumentale. It is a historical edifice at the northern edge of the Cathedral Square in Pisa. Couloir was built in the 1278 year and finished 1464. Today it is a very valuable architecturally building. All these historical buildings around the picturesque square are united in a valuable architectural complex … Read further
Fortezza Medicea RestaurantFrom the series “The Most Exotic Restaurants in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Livorno center - 46.6 km.The spacious dining room, which accommodates about a hundred guests, was furnished in the prison dining room. During the reconstruction, the original equipment was completely preserved. Even the most economical tourists can have dinner in one of the most original restaurants on the planet. Dinner costs about 25 euros. The humble 'prison feast' consists of a meal and a glass of wine. All the dishes presented in the menu are fairly simple; Paste is one of the most popular among them. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Livorno and surroundings
Photos of Livorno
Travelling to Livorno - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Livorno. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.