Preparing your trip to Lisbon: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Setting out to Lisbon you should be surely backed up with a pair of comfortable shoes. The reason is that the city is placed on seven hills that is why hiking through the wind streets is only possible wearing sport shoes.
2. The public system of city transportation is presented by the underground network, trams and cable railway. For those tourists who are limited in time and crave to hunt the best part of city sights the tram route # 28 will do best. It can be really named as excursion tour as the route goes through the most picturesque spots of the city.
3. Many local museums and galleries offer free entrance once in a week. On the schedule of working hours of cultural and enlightenment establishments as well as the discounts one can inquire in any tourist information service.
4. The city guests should take into account that most stores and public institutions are not operating through the daytime period of 12.00 till 15.00-16.00. Institutions start working rather early in most cases from 8.00 – 8.30 and in the evening hours can still be open till 19.00 – 20.00.
6. If you like the service in a restaurant or a café you should give some cash reward to the waiter. In the restaurant the proper amount of tips is 10% added to the total order sum meanwhile in a small café this cash amount can equal to 5-7% of the total order sum.
7. Though the city is considered to be rather quiet and peaceful the travelers should keep to the basics of cautiousness. You should not set out to the remote areas of the city alone as well as keeping by yourself some precious items.
National Pantheon, Belem Tower, Monastery of Sao Vicente de Fora, Lisbon Cathedral, Estrela Basilica, MEO Arena, as well as many others, they all become the world's cultural heritage objects and remain as iconic monuments for Lisbon … Open
9. Travelers should not reduce their excursions route to the city area only as the suburbs of Lisbon perform the greatest variety of sights and places of tourist interest. For country excursion once can choose Sintra town or visit Belen. These places have daily train connection with Lisbon.
Preparing your trip to Lisbon: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Lisbon - unique sights
Elevador de Santa JustaFrom the series “Top 16 Most Exotic Elevators and Lifts in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Lisbon center - 0.7 km.From the upper square, where the elevator provides the passengers, the magnificent panorama opens onto the city, so the old lift attracts the numerous tourists. However, the elevator has not lost the original functional purpose and is actively used by the cityspeople for the rapid movement between the various highways. Elevador do Carmo is located in the center of the old town of Lisbon and has retained its original shape for more than a century. … Read further
Santuario de Cristo ReiFrom the series “The Most Grandiose Statues and Monuments”
Check on the map: Distance from Lisbon center - 5.4 km.Many pilgrims seek to visit the famous statue of Christ the King on June, 8. On this day, the important religious shrine, the relics of Sacred Heart, is put at the foot of the statue every year. It is also worth noting that the sculpture is located on a small hill at 113 meters above sea level. The statue is equipped with a great viewing platform allowing to admire the nice views of the Tagus River and mountainous areas. Many experienced tourists tend to visit the tourist attraction in the evening. After dark, the monument is illuminated with amazing lighting system. … Read further
Lisbon OceanariumFrom the series “The Coolest and Largest Oceanariums in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Lisbon center - 6.2 km.This aquarium features more than a hundred representatives of marine life, including different species of tuna, stingrays, sharks, barracudas, moray eels, and even the mysterious sunfish. Around the huge central vessel, there are four others. One of the most unusual is an aquarium dedicated to the inhabitants of the Pacific Ocean. Here, visitors can see exotic fish and incredibly beautiful bunches of algae. In an aquarium dedicated to the Indian Ocean, the central place is occupied by a coral reef. It’s quite amazing to watch the life concentrated around it. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Lisbon and surroundings
Photos of Lisbon
Travelling to Lisbon - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Lisbon. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.