Travel tips for Latvia - what to prepare in advance and what to obey
1. The cheapest way of traveling around Riga is by public transport. It includes trams, trolleybuses, buses, and shared taxi. Transport runs from 5:30 am to 11:30 pm. You will need to pay baggage fees. In Latvia, one of the most popular modes of transport is the bicycle.
2. To rent a car at a rental office, you need an international driver's license and a credit card. Car rental for one day costs 35 euros.
3. The cost of entry into Jurmala by own or rented car is 1 euro. Only coins are accepted.
Latvian national cuisine has been formed and developed over several centuries. It was greatly influenced by traditional cuisines of Lithuania, …
5. All beaches in Latvia are free. Smoking on beaches is prohibited.
6. In restaurants and cafes, it is customary to leave tips - about 5-10% of the bill if the tip is not included.
8. It's best to exchange cash in bank offices. They are normally open Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. It is not recommended to exchange money from individuals on the street and at the airport.
9. In hotels, tourists pay for such services as using a minibar, meals in hotel restaurants, watching paid TV channels, phone calls, and other hotel services. They are not included in the cost of tours.
10. In hotels, the use of all kinds of heating appliances and boilers is prohibited.
11. Every year, on the nearest Saturday to February 21, there are free city tours in Riga timed to the International Tourist Guide Day. Those wishing to take them meet at 11:00 am and 1:00 pm at the Powder Tower.
Shopping has long become an integral part of almost any vacation, especially if this vacation is abroad. Latvia is no exception in this matter. For a …
13. The local law bans the sale of alcohol between 10:00 pm and 6:00 am. Alcohol cannot be bought during this time since shops are open from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm.
14. If tourists have any problems or get into a criminal situation, they can call the toll-free emergency telephone number 112.
15. In order to avoid conflict situations and becoming a victim of pickpockets, all valuables, jewelry, and documents should be kept in your hotel's safe. It's recommended to carry copies of important documents.
This collection of travel tips for Latvia is protected by the copyright law. You can re-use the content, but only under the condition of placement of an active link to www.orangesmile.com.