Preparing your trip to Kemer: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Bicycle is one of the most popular means of transport in Kemer. Almost every hotel is equipped with bicycle rental offices. You can also rent a bike and one of private rental offices that can be easily found in almost every district of the city.
2. Hero tour is usually referred to as the most famous car rental center in Kemer. In order to rent a car, tourists will need to have a driving license of the international standard, a copy of the identity card, and a credit card with the required amount of collateral in the account.
3. Taxi remains one of the most popular forms of transport for travelers. The price of its services is quite acceptable. Recognizing a taxi in the streets of the city is really simple. These cars are painted in yellow. It's worth noting that in the evening the taxis charge a special night rate, which is usually one and a half times higher than the day one. This night rate is applied from midnight to 6 am.
4. Buses and small taxis ply in the city starting from early in the morning until late at night. It is very convenient to use them to move throughout the territory of Kemer. The public transport stops only on request and only at specially designated stops. In order to stop the right bus, you just need to raise your hand.
6. Do not forget to bargain in local markets and shops. This behavior has become an essential part of the national culture. As a rule, bargaining helps to reduce the price of goods by 15 - 20%. However, tourists shouldn’t bargain in large stores and supermarkets.
7. Both drivers and pedestrians should remember that local drivers are not distinguished by strict compliance with traffic rules. Tourists should be extremely careful when they cross a road. It is also recommended not to walk along major streets.
Restaurants of Kemer will please visitors with a huge choice of signature treats. Even most discerning gourmets will be satisfied with the food offered here. Gastronomic facilities of the … Open
9. In Kemer it is common to leave tips literally for any service. In a restaurant tourists should add 10% of the total due sum, and in small cafes or in a taxi you will need to round the due sum in a big way to any convenient amount.
Preparing your trip to Kemer: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Kemer - unique sights
Olympos TeleferikFrom the series “The Longest Ski-Lifts and Cable Trams in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Kemer center - 2.3 km.Teleferik Olympos is an outstanding engineering landmark of Turkey; scale and complexity of the cable car are staggering. More than 400 tons of iron, about 4,500 cubic meters of water, as well as more than 3,500 cubic meters of concrete were used to build this facility. All these materials were transported by a pre-designed cable car, which was dismantled after opening Olympos Teleferik. The cost of trip is about 40 USD for adult, children under the age of 16 years have 50% discount. For children under 7 years old the cable car is free. … Read further
Duden WaterfallsFrom the series “Greatest Waterfalls on Earth”
Check on the map: Distance from Kemer center - 43 km.Those who wish can go down into the cave, which is securely hidden behind the waterfall and appreciate its beauty from the back side as well. In the direct vicinity of the attraction there is an incredibly beautiful park with seating areas specially equipped for relaxation, inviting you for a picnic. Those who prefer to take their ease in an atmosphere of an increased comfort have a chance to relax in one of the nearby restaurants and enjoy panoramic views of the waterfall tasting specialties at the same time. Romantic natures can admire the waterfall during a sea voyage. It offers a great view from the shore. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Kemer and surroundings
Photos of Kemer
Travelling to Kemer - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Kemer. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.