Preparing your trip to Kefallonia: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. In many stores and supermarkets sellers check the authenticity of banknotes. This procedure is mandatory and is very widespread. Counterfeit banknotes are detected frequently, and their presence is no longer a big surprise. A buyer will be simply asked to pay with another banknote.
2. In order to avoid any possible trouble and to protect yourself from counterfeiters, it is recommended to exchange money in banks and specialized exchange offices only. Do not exchange banknotes of a big denomination in markets and small shops that usually do not check the authenticity of money.
3. Tourists are recommended to leave tips in local restaurants and cafes. A tip of 10% will be enough. In large restaurants the service fee may be included in the total due sum.
4. Experienced travelers say that local waiters are distinguished by a truly phenomenal memory. In order to become a regular customer in a particular restaurant, you just need to visit it a couple of times. Regular customers are usually treated with welcome drinks, and before leaving a waiter can make one more surprise – bring a signature dessert of the restaurant.
6. Bus remains the cheapest type of transport. It is also very convenient as there is a large number of buses that ply across the island. Travelers can use buses to move freely inside some town, or to travel from one town to another.
7. Taxi remains a common mode of transport. People of all social classes use it frequently. Many cars are equipped with special counters. However, guests are recommended to specify the cost of a ride in advance. Bargaining in this case is appropriate.
The Greek island of Kefalonia enjoys great popularity among fans of beach holidays. However, a holiday with children in this amazing place should not be limited to visiting beaches alone. … Open
Preparing your trip to Kefallonia: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Kefallonia - unique sights
Panagiotis WrecksFrom the series “The Surviving Remains of Shipwrecks You Can Observe Yourself”
Check on the map: Distance from Kefallonia center - 45.3 km.A great number of tourists come here in order to take a photo with a huge ship and unscalable rocks at the background. This historical vessel was built in Scotland in 1937. It was named in honour of Saint Bedan. For years it was used for carrying contraband cigarettes and was chased by the Greek Navy for this. In 1980 the crew was trying to escape from the Greek Navy and ran upon the sands. This huge ship is a real open-air leisure-time entertainment place for tourists. … Read further
Melissani CaveFrom the series “Fantastic and Colorful Caves Inside the Earth”
Check on the map: Distance from Kefallonia center - 3 km.Scientists believe that the cave was formed about 20000 years ago, due to the erosion of rocks. During one of the earthquakes, the upper part of the cave collapsed, giving way to daylight. It stains the crystal clear waters of the cave lake in bright azure color and makes the walls of the cave painted in a variety of shades. Boat trips along the cave lake are incredibly popular among tourists. The depth of the cave lake is quite large and reaches 14 meters. The water in it is so clean that even at such a depth one can easily examine the stony bottom. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Kefallonia and surroundings
Photos of Kefallonia
Travelling to Kefallonia - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Kefallonia. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.