Preparing your trip to Carinthia: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Going for a trip, you should definitely learn a few phrases in Austrian and take a phrasebook with you. Almost all the locals speak foreign languages, but prefer to communicate in their native one. In most cases it is useless to turn to them for help in English or French, as they would pretend that they don’t understand.
2. Locals differ with law-abiding behavior shown up in almost all spheres of life. You shouldn’t violate the rules of the road, throw litter the streets or appear drunken in public places. A large fine is collected for violation of public order.
3. Indigenous people are very sociable and hospitable; they are ready to discuss anything with foreign guests. The taboo topic is one concerning the Second World War, as natives are very ashamed of that Hitler was Austrian.
4. Indigenous people are very thrifty and it concerns primarily natural resources. Foreign visitors should be prepared for the fact that locals are saving literally everything here, including water and electricity. Guests of large hotel complexes mayn’t notice that thing, whereas in private hotels electricity is often turned off at night.
6. Business travelers have to remember that indigenous people are very punctual. In any case don’t be late for a meeting; apologies will be accepted with difficulty, and the reputation of the inattentive partner would be hurt badly.
7. Local residents consider appearance to be very important; regardless of the situation they are always very neat and tidy. Even if you plan to go hiking to one of the nature reserves, you still need to take care of a decent appearance.
Carinthia is the southernmost province of Austria. These places attract mainly fans of ecotourism, as well as connoisseurs of art and history eager to explore priceless monuments of history … Open
Preparing your trip to Carinthia: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Carinthia - unique sights
MinimundusFrom the series “Famous Miniature Museums of Architectural Objects and Cities”
Check on the map: Distance from Carinthia center - 12.9 km.Opening of the Minimudus park took place in 1958. Its founder is a local adviser Peter Zoyer. Since the opening until 1977, the park area has been only 15000 square meters. After a massive expansion, it was almost doubled and today it is 26000 square meters. Since the opening, the Minimudus park cooperates with the "Rettet das Kind" charitable foundation. All proceeds from visiting the park are transferred to its account. Travellers are recommended to visit the most interesting park of miniatures in the period from April to October. It is considered one of the most interesting of its kind and is ideal for visiting with children. … Read further
Blejski GradFrom the series “The Most Inaccessible Buildings in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Carinthia center - 39.7 km.In the course of a hundred years of history the castle has preserved many old architectural elements. The Romanesque tower used to monitor the surroundings is considered the oldest. The exterior of the old castle changed greatly in the Middle Ages and was supplemented with new buildings, including stone towers and fortress walls. The entrance to the castle is hidden in the thicket of the forest. A narrow stone staircase leads to it, which can not be easily found among the hundred-year-old trees without a guide. … Read further
Photos of Carinthia
Travelling to Carinthia - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Carinthia. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.