Preparing your trip to Hannover: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Buses remain the most optimal type of public transportation. All buses ply in accordance with a strict schedule. There are two types of fares of public transport – a day and a night ones. The last one is valid from 24:00 to 5:00 and is approximately 50% higher comparing to the daytime fare.
2. The best place to catch a taxi is at a special parking lot. You can also order a taxi by phone. Catching a car on the road is rather hard. Despite the fact that all taxis are equipped with meters, it is better to negotiate the price of a ride in advance.
3. The most favorable time to arrive in Hannover is between May and October. At this time of year the city is distinguished by the most favorable weather, so nothing will break your recreation program.
4. Savvy travelers are recommended to visit eating facilities located near Raschplatz Square. Numerous bistros and cafes located there offer a rich choice of dishes at very attractive prices. There are also several low-cost restaurants in the territory of Markthalle market.
6. The locals are very friendly and are always ready to help foreign tourists. In order to win respect among the local residents tourists are advised to learn several phrases in German. This will certainly help to make the locals even friendlier and show respect for local traditions.
7. When you’re about to make a visit to a house of local people, make sure you have prepared small gifts for hosts. You can present even modest gifts, such as flowers or good wine.
New Town Hall, Opernhaus, Hannover Congress Centrum, Norddeutsche Landesbank, as well as many others, they all become the world's cultural heritage objects and remain as iconic monuments for Hannover … Open
9. You should be quiet on the streets and in public places of the city. Any violation of public order, whether it is just a loud cheer or active gestures, can be considered as a sign of bad education.
10. Don’t forget to refer your new acquaintances by the last name only. When you tell your name for the first time, you must always tell your last name, or you can put your interlocutor in an awkward situation.
11. Local people are very punctual, so do your best not to be late for meetings. It should be noted that there are always big traffic jams in the evening on the main streets of the city, so it is better to leave earlier for important meetings.
Preparing your trip to Hannover: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Hannover - unique sights
Homeless Cats MonumentFrom the series “The Most Unusual Statues and Monuments”
Check on the map: Distance from Hannover center - 54.8 km.It calls people to behave more attentively to the ruthless animals. For several years, the hereditary cats are a difficult problem for many German cities. The monument in Braunschweig is remarkable not only for its realism and its symbolic significance. Cat bellows are among the monuments with the largest number of animals represented. Only the most attentive people can correctly count the number of bronze cats that have settled on the stele. … Read further
Gehry TowerFrom the series “Twisted Spiral Buildings and Towers That Are Real”
Check on the map: Distance from Hannover center - 0.5 km.The non-standard twisted form of the building has initially had an important functional significance. For the construction of the office building a relatively small area has been allocated. Its twisted form allowed to maximize the available space for office equipment. Construction of the building began in 1999 and lasted less than two years, the office center was commissioned in June 2001. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Hannover and surroundings
Photos of Hannover
Travelling to Hannover - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Hannover. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.