Preparing your trip to Hammamet: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The local beach is quite calm and has a mild slope to water, so you can relax there even with children. It should be noted that there are no hotels in Hammamet located on the first line. Hotels and coast are divided with the promenade.
2. Going to the beach, don’t take valuables without special need. Don’t leave clothes and bags unattended; be attentive and monitor your personal belongings in crowded places.
3. Vacationers aren’t recommended to buy fruits on the beach, as well as take drinks with ice. Fruits bought in the market or in the store ought to be washed thoroughly. Use only purified bottled water, which is sold in all grocery stores, to drink.
4. You necessarily have to bargain at local markets and in private shops, as it will significantly reduce the price of the item. Bargaining is irrelevant in shopping malls and supermarkets. To make it easier to pay you need to stock up a sufficient amount of small denomination bills in advance.
6. Despite the fact that Hammamet has fairly loose standards of conduct for tourists, you should be attentive to the local culture. Don’t walk around historic areas of the city in low-necked and bright clothes; bright dresses and bathing suits are appropriate only on the beach and at the hotel.
7. It is inappropriate to appear on streets in an intoxicated state, as it will be regarded as contempt of the local traditions and a gross violation of public order. Don’t eat as you go, as it is considered a sign of bad manners; this should be done only in designated areas.
Hammamet would surprise its guests with a variety of dining places; all popular culinary traditions are represented at the resort. The Le Barberousse restaurant is known far outside the … Open
9. All local pharmacies have doctors on duty; their services are completely free of charge. You can ask them for the first aid and advice on issues of interest. Blood pressure measuring is free in any pharmacy; if necessary, the doctor can give an injection.
Preparing your trip to Hammamet: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Hammamet - unique sights
Sidi Bou SaidFrom the series “Monochromatic Cities - Stunning Views”
Check on the map: Distance from Hammamet center - 57.8 km.This tradition took roots and in 1915 there appeared the law about the building colour. Since that time all buildings must be in white, light blue or blue colours. Today the town is very popular among tourists. Walking on its terraces and streets you can see nooks of the town and take wonderful memorable photos. A central street is a lively place. There have placed shops with local production, outstanding handicraftsman's items, souvenirs. … Read further
Photos of Hammamet
Travelling to Hammamet - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Hammamet. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.