Preparing your trip to Goteborg: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The locals are very welcoming and friendly. They are always happy to help foreign tourists. Tourists are recommended to learn a few phrases in the local language. This way tourists will express respect for local traditions.
2. Guests of the city should not forget to take a map of the city in the local tourist office. The map indicates public transport routes and this will make a walk around the city even easier and more comfortable. Map and travel guide books are also offered in some hotels.
3. Gothenburg is famous for its luxury restaurants. By the way, not all dining facilities that offer their guests to taste delicious and exotic dishes are characterized by high prices. The most attractive restaurants for savvy travelers can be found in the fish market.
4. Do not forget to leave tips in gastronomic facilities of the city. The typical size of tips is approximately 10 - 15% of the total bill. In some prestigious restaurants service charges may be included in the total bill. In this case you can just round up the due sum to any convenient amount in a bid way.
6. Travelers, who expect to attend numerous trips and travel by public transport a lot, are recommended to purchase Göteborgskortet travel pass, which gives the right to a reduced fare in public transport and discounts when buying tickets for excursions. The pass can be bought in any travel agency. The best known agency can be found right in the center of the city, in Nordstan shopping mall.
7. Tourists, who plan to buy antiques as souvenirs, should pre-arrange all the necessary documents for export in advance. Import of antiques is possible only if you have supporting documentation.
Tourists who prefer to put up in the most luxurious hotels in Gothenburg should pay attention to the Elite Plaza Hotel. It occupies one of the most beautiful historical buildings of the … Open
9. The best way to make calls to other cities and countries is to use special public telephones, which can be found close to all major government agencies and shopping centers. As a rule, they are operated by special plastic cards, which can be purchased at any newsstand.
Preparing your trip to Goteborg: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
City tours, excursions and tickets in Goteborg and surroundings
Sweden: travelling advices1. Swedes are a calm and measured people, living strictly according to the rules and traditions of their country. Being in Sweden, it is necessary not to break the habitual foundations of locals, to respect their culture, customs and laws.
2. Love of tranquility is manifested in Sweden in everything. In large stores, banks, currency exchange offices, the queue is formed with the help of electronic tickets, which must be taken in a special machine.
3. Smoking in transport and public places in Sweden is prohibited. You can smoke only in specially designated places.
4. Alcohol in Sweden is not sold on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Its sale on other days is carried out only in specialized stores. … Open
Photos of Goteborg
Travelling to Goteborg - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Goteborg. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.