Preparing your trip to Coventry: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Local people are very friendly and hospitable; you can always ask them for help. Townspeople pay a particular respect to the tourists who are trying to communicate in the local language, so you definitely have to take the English phrasebook to the journey.
2. It's worth to mention that the mains voltage is 240V, so for some appliances adapters are required. Some hotels provide them on demand; adapters can also be purchased at any supply store.
3. In Coventry it rains a lot, so be sure to take an umbrella or a raincoat when going out. A long walk without these accessories isn’t recommended. In general, the weather in Coventry is very favorable, even in winter the temperature rarely drops below zero degrees Celsius.
4. Cost-conscious travelers may be embarrassed with prices in local restaurants and bars; the cost of goods in grocery stores is also quite high. It is recommended to buy food in shops and supermarkets are located away from the town’s center. As for public catering, the most attractive for travelers are local pubs and pizzerias.
6. Smoking in public places is prohibited, so it is recommended to pay special attention to the presence of signs and labels. Violators of the public order will certainly be punished in the form of a heavy fine.
7. It is most profitable to make calls to other cities or countries using payphones; calls from phones installed in hotels would be the most expensive.
In Coventry, one can find shopping spots for every taste. West Orchard Shopping Centre pleases visitors with a variety of shops. Here you can buy literally everything, from fashionable … Open
9. Travelers who want to buy antiques or paintings as souvenirs, need relevant documents, otherwise they would fail to take it out of the country.
Preparing your trip to Coventry: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Coventry - unique sights
Shakespeare BirthplaceFrom the series “Houses of Famous People and Stars Currently Open to Tourists”
Check on the map: Distance from Coventry center - 27 km.In the living room is presented the collection of valuable antique furniture. This is one of the few rooms in which the original stone floor has been preserved. In the dining room one can see the beautiful old Gobelins, and on the first floor are the bedrooms of all family members. William Shakespeare was born in 1564 in one of the bedrooms with the splendid furnishings. This room preserves the old baby bed and even a collection of unique toys. After visiting the antique collection, you can walk through the garden, which today looks as beautiful as it was centuries ago. … Read further
Calke AbbeyFrom the series “The Most Elegant Buildings of Baroque Architecture”
Check on the map: Distance from Coventry center - 43 km.The Abbey is surrounded with a forest that is a significant natural park with rare deer and other wild animals. Throughout the year the old priory holds a number of interesting events – festivals, holidays devoted to the national cultural life. The best time for visiting is the eve of the important national holiday. The house is open for the excursions for a twelvemonth. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Coventry and surroundings
Photos of Coventry
Travelling to Coventry - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Coventry. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.