Preparing your trip to Copenhagen: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Travelers are advised to rent cars in large international firms, such as Hertz or Avis. Their rates are much more attractive than in the local rental shops.
2. The majority of large hotels, restaurants and shopping malls, accept credit cards such as Visa, American Express, Master-Card and Eurocard. We suggest keeping cash with you in case you want to use public transportation, attend open-air cafes and ride on the ferry.
3. The majority of restaurants in the city have the so-called "menu of the day", so guests have an opportunity to order best dishes and drinks for a reasonable price.
4. Those, who plan to attend various cultural institutions, are advised to purchase a special museum card. You can find out the address of the cards sale points from any guide or from hotel’s employees.
6. Tourists, who will spend a couple of days in Copenhagen, are recommended to make a walk through the channels of the city. During the tour you can see many interesting sights, and visit amazing restaurants.
7. Travelling by bicycle is very convenient in this city. You will find special bike paths along major highways. Use your two-wheel transport to get to any district of the city.
Fans of staying in a historic setting will surely like 71 Nyhavn Hotel located in the Nyhavn neighborhood. This hotel occupies two fully restored buildings that were built in the 19th … Open
Preparing your trip to Copenhagen: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Copenhagen - unique sights
Turning TorsoFrom the series “Twisted Spiral Buildings and Towers That Are Real”
Check on the map: Distance from Copenhagen center - 25.9 km.At present, the beautiful skyscraper is the tallest building in Scandinavia and is one of the highest residential buildings in Europe. On the lower floors of the building have been opened offices, and the upper floors have become the location of 147 luxury apartments. The history of the construction of the building is very interesting and connected with the world famous sculpture of Santiago Calatrava, Twisting Torso. The sculpture depicts a man turned sideways, it was this famous white marble sculpture that inspired the Spanish architect to create an unusual project, and subsequently gave the name to the unique building. … Read further
Sommer-Tivoli ParkFrom the series “The Most Fantastic Amusement Parks in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Copenhagen center - 0.8 km.After the opening, the park was used for concerts and theater performances. This good tradition has been around for more than a century and a half. Tivoli Park also has some modern innovations. A few years ago the roller coaster 'Demon' was opened on the park territory. In the Tivoli Park is the highest carousel of the planet 'Star Flyer', whose cabins rise to the height of 80 meters. An excellent hall was built for the concerts, so the interesting performances in the park are held all year round. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Copenhagen and surroundings
Denmark: travelling advices9. The "menu of the day" service is present in many Danish restaurants. On this day, you can taste fine dishes at low prices. When visiting a restaurant, don't forget to ask the staff about current promotions and discounts.
10. Fans of museums can buy a special pass, which is valid for various cultural institutions. It also includes a city map, with the help of which it is easy to find the necessary place in the city.
11. In hotels, tourists can pay with credit cards. In large supermarkets, plastic cards are only accepted for purchases exceeding 100 DKK. Cash is needed for traveling by public transport and shopping in small shops.
12. Traveling in Denmark, be sure to go on a cruise of the main attractions, the duration of which is just a few hours. … Open
Photos of Copenhagen
Travelling to Copenhagen - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Copenhagen. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.