Preparing your trip to Copenhagen: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Travelers are advised to rent cars in large international firms, such as Hertz or Avis. Their rates are much more attractive than in the local rental shops.
2. The majority of large hotels, restaurants and shopping malls, accept credit cards such as Visa, American Express, Master-Card and Eurocard. We suggest keeping cash with you in case you want to use public transportation, attend open-air cafes and ride on the ferry.
3. The majority of restaurants in the city have the so-called "menu of the day", so guests have an opportunity to order best dishes and drinks for a reasonable price.
4. Those, who plan to attend various cultural institutions, are advised to purchase a special museum card. You can find out the address of the cards sale points from any guide or from hotel’s employees.
6. Tourists, who will spend a couple of days in Copenhagen, are recommended to make a walk through the channels of the city. During the tour you can see many interesting sights, and visit amazing restaurants.
7. Travelling by bicycle is very convenient in this city. You will find special bike paths along major highways. Use your two-wheel transport to get to any district of the city.
Fans of staying in a historic setting will surely like 71 Nyhavn Hotel located in the Nyhavn neighborhood. This hotel occupies two fully restored buildings that were built in the 19th … Open
Preparing your trip to Copenhagen: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Copenhagen - unique sights
Sommer-Tivoli ParkFrom the series “The Most Fantastic Amusement Parks in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Copenhagen center - 0.8 km.Tivoli will please those visitors who like to relax in the quiet atmosphere and like nature. The park looks beautiful in all seasons. In spring and summer he is decorated with the magnificent landscape compositions. During a walk in the picturesque avenues you can see the numerous interesting monuments and sculptures that were set up on the day of the park opening. Some prefer to visit the park in the evening when lit by the beautiful festive illumination. … Read further
Frederiksberg SlotFrom the series “Impressive Castles and Palaces Located on Water”
Check on the map: Distance from Copenhagen center - 3.5 km.Until the middle of the 19th century the castle remained a royal family residence, and since 1868 belongs to the royal military academy. Most rooms of the palace are open to visitors. The rich art collection is preserved in the castle. Of particular interest are the ancient altars, made from the precious metals of Denmark's finest jewelers. The old organ is interesting for the connoisseurs of classical music. In the small courtyards of the castle the ancient fountains and sculpture compositions have been preserved. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Copenhagen and surroundings
Photos of Copenhagen
Travelling to Copenhagen - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Copenhagen. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.