Preparing your trip to Cascais: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Almost every local museum or a gallery announces a free entrance at least once a week. Pensioners and children are usually eligible for discounts in state-owned facilities. In order to take advantage of the benefit, make sure to bring all the documents necessary for acquiring the discount.
2. Travelers, who expect to travel around the city a lot and visit various cultural events, are recommended to buy a greeting card. It entitles you to free rides on public transport, as well as a discount or free visits to numerous city museums. You can buy the card at almost any hotel or the tourist office.
3. When going out, tourists are recommended to take a copy of an identity document. The documents’ originals, large sums of money and other valuable items should not be taken with you all the time without any particular purpose.
4. Dinner is served rather early in local restaurants, no later than at 19:30. The prices in the restaurants of Cascais can vary, so travelers are advised to follow local people. If there are many locals in a restaurant, then it provides tasty and rather inexpensive food.
6. Smoking in the wrong place will result in large fines. Smokers should pay particular attention to the «proibido fomar» signs. These signs mean smoking is prohibited in this particular location.
7. Tourists are recommended to visit Cascais during the days of national holidays and festivals. This is the time when visitors can enjoy especially rich and diverse cultural program. The dates of the festivals is should be specified in advance, because they can change every year.
The description of the best restaurants of Cascais will be not complete without mentioning Fortaleza do Guincho. It specializes in the local cuisine, but also offers its visitors popular … Open
Preparing your trip to Cascais: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Cascais - unique sights
Palacio Nacional da PenaFrom the series “The Most Inaccessible Buildings in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Cascais center - 10 km.After the revolution, the palace was redesigned into the museum, which presents an interesting art, antique furniture and jewelery collection. The walk through the extensive bordering territory gives as many impressions. Here one can spend hours on the carved arch in the Mauritanian style, the old sculptures and the landscape decoration. The palace is surrounded by the large forest, which covers more than 200 hectares. At different times, the palace owners have planted many exotic plants on its adjacent territory, so an excursion is essential for nature lovers. … Read further
SintraFrom the series “Fabulous Nooks of the World with Striking Colorful Shades”
Check on the map: Distance from Cascais center - 11.1 km.Another great historical symbol of the city is a tram line that is a real live museum. Old trams, which were built over a hundred years ago, ply along this line. Cars themselves are of great historical value. A ride on the tram is unusual, as you can see the main architectural attractions of the city and enjoy its marvelous scenery. The town of Sintra is a popular holiday destination among couples; many people choose it for the honeymoon. The city has wonderful hotels in historic buildings, as well as excellent local restaurants. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Cascais and surroundings
Photos of Cascais
Travelling to Cascais - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Cascais. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.