Preparing your trip to Cannes: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Almost all shops, restaurants and entertainment venues accept payments by plastic cards. Only tourists, who plan to make many purchases in open markets and small shops that are located in the suburban area, will need a sufficient amount of cash.
2. The most advantageous to pay for goods and services is to use the national currency. Tourists can exchange money in banks or specialized exchange offices. When exchanging money, tourists should pay attention not only to the exchange rate, but also to the amount of commission charged. The institutions located near hotels usually charge the highest commission.
3. Local people are usually very fond of their native language and are reluctant to communicate in other languages, even if they speak them fluently. Holidaymakers are recommended to take a French phrase book with them and learn how to say a few phrases in the local language. This will help to establish communication with locals and show respect for their culture.
4. The daily schedule of local people is displaced to evening, and so many government offices, restaurants and shopping centers open quite late. Dinner is usually served in restaurants after 20:00, and some entertainment facilities can serve guests until late at night.
6. Motorists should remember that breaking traffic rules will lead to large fines. While driving, visitors should not forget to follow all traffic signs carefully. Children below 12 years can be transported only in the back seat of a car.
7. Many restaurants include tips in the total due bill. In this case the bill will have a special «service compis» mark. If the service fee is not included in the total bill, you can add a reward of 10%. Taxi drivers, maids at hotel, a doorman and porter should also get a small reward.
In Cannes tourists will find restaurants dedicated to various culinary trends and of various categories. The most elegant and prestigious dining facilities are located near the district of … Open
9. You can see special signs in front of enters to some restaurants. These signs indicate the approximate menu and cost of dishes. These convenient signs help to estimate the cost of lunch.
10. Entering many restaurants and entertainment facilities is possible in appropriate apparel only. Therefore, it is recommended to clarify the dress code of the entertaining facilities you plan to visit in advance.
Preparing your trip to Cannes: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Cannes - unique sights
Col de TuriniFrom the series “Most Spectacular Mountain Roads”
Check on the map: Distance from Cannes center - 56.4 km.The road is considered to be extremely dangerous because of the abundance of sharp turns and relatively small width, however, for many years it remains one of the most interesting ways in the world. During the trip, travellers have an opportunity to admire the most beautiful canyons and gorges, interesting bridges and mountain scenery. Experienced motorists recommend to use the road at a speed not exceeding 30 km / h. The most dangerous sections of the route are those with hairpin bends and up to 180 degrees. … Read further
MentonFrom the series “The Most Magical and Picturesque Cities in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Cannes center - 46.8 km.The thing is that Menton has a very mild climate, which allows to cultivate large-scale orchards. Guests of the island will have an opportunity to stroll through incredibly beautiful parks, which amaze with an abundance of exotic plants, as well as taste delicious lemons in France and even look at how they are grown. The population of the city is about 30000 people, whereas the number of tourists visiting it every year is much larger. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Cannes and surroundings
Photos of Cannes
Travelling to Cannes - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Cannes. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.