Preparing your trip to Cambridge: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Bicycle remains the most popular form of public transport in the town. You will find special bicycle lanes in the town and its suburbs. It is very simple to rent a bicycle in one of numerous rental offices. The longer the term of rent is, the lower the daily rate will be.
2. Tourists should not forget that bicycle theft is one of the most common crimes in Cambridge. Therefore, it is better to leave bikes on special parking lots only. When renting a bike, do not forget to rent a special cable with a lock and a key. They are used to fasten a bike to any fixed object in the street.
3. Tourists should leave tips in local restaurants and cafes only if they are not included in the bill. A reward of 10 - 15% of the order would be sufficient. Taxi drivers should also receive a tip of 10% of the cost of a ride. The same applies to maids in your hotel.
4. Calls from pay phones are still the cheapest way to make international calls. These machines are operated by special telephone cards or coins. The most beneficial time to make international phone calls is during the weekdays, from 20:00 to 8:00.
6. Line power supply voltage is 240V. All the hotels are equipped by three-prong electrical wall outlets. You may require special adapters to use certain appliances. These adapters can be purchased in any specialty store.
7. If you want to rent a car, you will need a driving license of the international class, and a credit card with the required amount of collateral in account. The amount of deposit can be different and depends on the brand of the car chosen. Persons under 21, as well as drivers, who got the license less than a year ago, can be rejected to rent a vehicle.
One of the most popular shopping destinations for tourists in Cambridge is Market Square. This market is relatively small but the range of products presented here is very diverse. Every day … Open
Preparing your trip to Cambridge: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Cambridge - unique sights
Ivy HouseFrom the series “Unique Living Houses”
Check on the map: Distance from Cambridge center - 56.4 km.He has invested heavily in the restoration of the building, and also partially cleared it of trudging plant that blocked natural sunlight. The mansion, which has become a real attraction in Chelmsford, was built in the 20s of the last century. The general public first became aware of it in 2011. One of the British newspapers published a note about the unusual house, which the owner wanted to sell. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Cambridge and surroundings
Photos of Cambridge
Travelling to Cambridge - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Cambridge. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.